· The eBook Library app consists of 45 Korean-War specific publications that have been digitized, cleaned up, and prepared for digital distribution. It includes 7500+ pages of information, photos, and maps, and will be available for Apple, Android, and Windows mobile devices, as well as Apple and Windows-based computers.
· The Korean War Digital Encyclopedia will cover 2,500 topics related to the Korean War. RMS is not only building the app, but also gathering, researching, and writing the content as well.
· The Wiki is an encyclopedia application that will allow Korean War Veterans, their families, students, and scholars a platform to share stories, insights, and photos relating to the Korean War.
All apps will allow for full keyword search capability, resizable text, highlighting, and the ability to make digital notes within the app.
The purpose of the apps is to further the objectives of the 60th Anniversary of the Korean War Commemoration Committee:
• thank and honor veterans of the Korean War, including members of the Armed Forces who were held as prisoners of war or listed as missing in action, for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States
• thank and honor the families of veterans of the Korean War for their sacrifices and contributions, especially families who lost a loved one in the Korean War
• highlight the service of the Armed Forces during the Korean War and the contributions of federal agencies and governmental and non-governmental organizations that served with, or in support of, the Armed Forces
• pay tribute to the sacrifices and contributions made on the home front by the people of the United States during the Korean War
• provide the people of the United States with a clear understanding and appreciation of the lessons and history of the Korean War
• highlight the advances in technology, science, and medicine related to military research conducted during the Korean War
• recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Korean War
In addition to this contractual work, RMS initiated a collaborative historical project authorized by the Department of Defense to document the 60 years of Korean success based on the sacrifices of American veterans who fought in their war. This hardbound “coffee table” book and DVD documentary is fully funded by anchor sponsors including the ROK Ministry of Defense, and Hyundai, and supporting sponsors to be determined. This project will be gifted to all Korean War veterans and will be ready for presentation in Spring 2013.
# # #
About RMS Productions
Remember My Service (RMS) Productions (www.RememberMyService.com ) is the only full-service multi-media production and traditional publication house to bring innovative, premium historical Commemoratives to the Military. RMS Productions is also a full service video and digital productions house. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of StoryRock (founded in 1998), the leading provider of digital content management technology for both interactive and print output for private consumer use. In the past year, RMS produced premium commemoratives (DVD-ROM and hardbound book) for over 150,000 Service members in the National Guard, Navy, and Army.
Description of Historical Commemorative
· High-quality, full-color hardbound “coffee table” book with DVD-ROM, specific to the Command
· DVD-ROM with up to 10,000 digital pages including: photos, text, documents, PDFs, newsletters, news articles, news broadcasts; hours of video including interviews from Service members, family members, and messages from leadership in the entire chain of command; weblinks to relevant websites; names of each Service member, with Bio pages (unclassified information such as awards, education, interests)
· The interactive record is divided into three sections, Legacy, Leadership and Life:
Legacy includes the history of the Unit and Division; “In the News” contains all newsletters, press releases, media articles and broadcasts, annual reports; Unit lineage includes “Awards and Honors” and “In Memoriam” sections;
Leadership includes a complete interactive Chain of Command for the entire Branch of Service through the Unit featured in the service record; all leaders have their photos, bios, and video messages
Life contains the most content with a detailed look at what the Unit does, including training, deployment, objectives, returning home, and video interviews with Service members and families; typically this section is several hundred pages and includes photos, videos, documents, VIP briefings, etc.