“There is a serious disconnect for Generation Text between what having a job requires and what corporate culture actually is,” states Kleinberg, informed by her own experiences as a career coach who specializes in working with youth and new graduates. “From Playstation® to Workstation offers effective techniques to help them not only find and secure a job, but to guide them on the path of building a career.”
An invaluable resource for teens, students, new graduates, parents, teachers and guidance counselors that goes for a mere fraction of the cost of hiring a professional headhunter or resume writer, From Playstation® to Workstation explains:
· How to create a resume and cover letter that gets you noticed when you have minimal job experience
· The hidden job market – which accounts for 80% of all jobs –and how to tap into it
· Why working for minimum wage – or at a no-pay internship – will get you ahead in the long run
· A peek behind the velvet rope: the screening and interview process
· What to wear and how to present yourself when you land the big interview
· How to fit in with the corporate culture and communicate with four generations of coworkers
· Methods to succeed on the job when everyone is older than you
· The top 10 incorrect assumptions job seekers make to their own detriment
About the Author:
Suzanne Kleinberg is a Toronto based career coach and author who has provided consulting services to corporations, not-for-profit organizations and individual clients. With a B.A. in Economics from York University, Masters in Project Management and PMP certification, Kleinberg is an avid ‘career changer’, having worked in a variety of fields that include stock brokerage, advertising, television production, financial and IT.
In 2010, Kleinberg founded Potential to Soar, a unique career and talent coaching service wherein she guides new graduates, seasoned professionals and corporations, small and large, through private coaching, customized workshops and psychometric assessment tools.
Kleinberg’s books include Employee Rights and Employer Wrongs, an everyman’s guide to navigating the complex world of labour and employment law, It’s All About the Elizabeths, which introduces financial management to teens, and From Playstation to Workstation, aimed at youth starting their careers.
From Playstation® to Workstation is available in paperback via Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/
REVIEW COPIES OF FROM PLAYSTATION® TO WORKSTATION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
EBOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON AND KOBO