Andrew McCarthy, National Geographic Traveler editor-at-large and author of the popular, new travel book, The Longest Way Home, will appear at the EXPO on Sunday, January 20 at 1 p.m. on the AAA Travel Stage, presented by DIRECTV. Perhaps best known for his roles in a long list of hit movies, such as Weekend at Bernie's, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo’s Fire, and Less than Zero, the actor-turned-
With more than 250 exhibits, attractions and events, the EXPO is a destination in itself. Favorite travel spots come alive with interactive events and experiences that are as entertaining as they are helpful and educational. Specific attraction areas within the EXPO will include:
· Vacation Marketplace:
· Paradise Pavilion, presented by Travel Impressions:
· The Great Outdoors Adventure Area: Presented by Metro Parks, guests will enjoy The Great Outdoors without leaving indoors. This beautifully natural area within the EXPO is a restful place where guests can enjoy real pine woodlands, a covered bridge, water features and fun activities for the entire family, including wildlife presentations and hands-on opportunities to get up close and personal with nature.
· Lake Erie Shores & Islands: Guests will love setting sail for Lake Erie Shores & Islands at this special feature area of the EXPO. From Cedar Point, to Put-in-Bay, this fun-filled beach environment boasts loads of interactive activities that bring the unique Lake Erie Shores & Islands experience to life.
· Experience Columbus Pavilion: Guests will discover unforgettable destinations from all across the central Ohio region, for experiences that are as nearby as they are affordable.
· AAA Travel Stage, presented by DIRECTV: Live entertainment, events, appearances and workshops that entertain and educate are led by leading travel experts and well-known celebrities.
The Great Vacations Travel EXPO opens Friday, January 18 and runs through Sunday, January 20, at Franklin County Veterans Memorial in Downtown Columbus. EXPO hours are Friday 12 p.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tickets are available at the door or at any AAA Ohio Auto Club store, beginning December 3, for $9 or $6 for AAA members. Children ages 16 and under are admitted at no charge. For additional event details or to purchase tickets in advance, visit www.AAAGreatVacations.com.