2. In view of the step-by-step privatization of Myanmar’s telecommunication sector, this summit provides a unique networking opportunity for investors to meet with key stakeholders in Myanmar to do business. Foreign telecom investors, equipment providers and technology leaders are expected to be present to meet with key decision-makers in Myanmar's public and private sectors. In addition, the summit provides the latest updates on key regulatory updates in Myanmar's potentially promising telecom and ICT sectors.
3. Key issues to be addressed by top officials from the Myanmar investment Commission and other key ministries as well as industry leaders include Myanmar's latest telecom market openings, regulatory updates on the new telecom licenses, roaming solutions, cloud opportunities, tariffs, pricing, monetization of value-added services, rural telephony, funding & investment guarantees for foreign investors and more.
4. VIP presence at the Summit are expected to include representatives from the Ministry of National Planning & Economic Development, Ministry of Communications, Posts & Telegraphs, Myanmar Post and Telecommunication, Yatanarpon Teleport, Redlink Communications, Vodafone Group, Myanmar ICT Development Corporation/
5. Sponsors at this Summit include platinum Sponsor: Digicel, which owns and operates mobile networks in 31 countries in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific regions.
6. Optelian, a designer and manufacturer of carrier-grade, packet-optical transport systems for long-haul, metro and enterprise applications is the summit’s Gold Sponsor. Larry Perron, Director of International Development at Optelian commented. “Myanmar’s aggressive plans to open its communication infrastructure, positions it to take advantage of Optelian’s innovative technology that will allow the integration of fixed and mobile traffic over a Software Defined Network.”
7. Elaborating on the importance of the Summit, Maggie Tan, CEO of Magenta Global said “Myanmar is poised for significant investment in telecom and internet infrastructure. A new telecom law is in the works and clearer policies and regulations are being defined. This Summit is very timely with its comprehensive discussion of regulatory & policy issues, spectrum, deployment & migration challenges for Myanmar as well as broadband internet infrastructure needs. It is an opportune platform to explore areas for collaboration & cooperation between local and international players & spur developments in Myanmar”.
8. The summit will be held at Inya Lake Hotel.
Magenta Global, Singapore
Ms Merilynn Choo
Tel: +65 6391 2549
About Magenta Global, Singapore - Organizer
Magenta Global is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Central & South America, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public & private sectors. Website: www.magenta-
About Digicel – Platinum Sponsor
Digicel Group Limited has over 13 million customers across 30 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and the Pacific. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel is the lead sponsor of Caribbean, Central American and Pacific sports teams, including the Special Olympics teams throughout these regions. Digicel sponsors the West Indies cricket team and is also the title sponsor of the Digicel Caribbean Cup. In the Pacific, Digicel is the proud sponsor of several national rugby teams and also sponsors the Vanuatu cricket team. In Myanmar, Digicel is the proud sponsor of a local Myanmar football team.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Jamaica, Haiti and Papua New Guinea which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
About Optelian – Gold Sponsor
Optelian is a trusted designer and manufacturer of carrier-grade, packet-optical transport systems for long-haul, metro and enterprise applications. Optelian's affordable, converged, networking system supports TDM, Carrier Ethernet, and optical transport on one common platform. The flexible, modular architecture of the LightGAIN system allows networks to be purpose-built with multi-layer visibility and a common management interface.
Service providers, utilities, multi-service operators, and dark fiber providers, as well as private network operators in the education, health, and government sectors, use Optelian systems because of their next-generation functionality, reliability, ease of use, and low operating cost.
Optelian's development and manufacturing operations are based in Ottawa, Canada. Optelian leverages this in-house facility to achieve exceptional product quality, speed of delivery, and superior customer support.
Optelian is committed to delivering quality networks that fit each user's unique business needs.