She describes three simple steps in becoming an effective trainer:
1. Determine the level knowledge your trainee(s) already has and build on it.
2. Employ several different teaching methods to reinforce ideas since each person learns differently.
3. Remember that you are there to guide your trainee – so stay positive, patient and available.
The full article is available here: https://www.sunflowersystems.com/
Sunflower Advisory Services group provides expertise to a wide variety of organizations including Federal Government Civilian Agencies, publically traded companies, government contractors, national laboratories and institutions of higher learning in the following asset management areas:
• Needs Assessment
• Project Leadership and Implementation
• Audit and Assessment preparation, validation, support, and response/recovery
• Policy and Procedure review, revision, and development
• Strategic Planning
• Reporting and Communications
• Executive Education
• Aligning Property Management with Organizational Mission
Robin Baxley, CPPS is a Senior Associate with Sunflower Systems located in Arlington, VA. A 2010 graduate of Tulane University in New Orleans, Robin has extensive experience in teaching, tutoring, and managing helpdesk operations. Robin is a member of the Federal Center Chapter of NPMA and served on the 2011 National Capital Area Conference Planning Committee.
About Sunflower Systems
Sunflower Systems is an enterprise asset management solutions company specializing in the deployment of software tools and business processes to simplify asset management tasks. Sunflower’s portfolio of solutions enables organizations to improve decision-making, accountability and regulatory compliance for all types of assets including personal property, real property, IT assets, materials, vehicles and more. Sunflower Systems offers a wide range of services including software implementation, training, consulting and operational support. Sunflower Systems has been serving the property management needs of federal government agencies, universities, government contractors and national laboratories since 1997. The company has offices in San Ramon, California and Arlington, Virginia. For more information, please call 866-209-3516 or visit our website at www.sunflowersystems.com.
Sunflower Systems and Sunflower Assets are registered trademarks. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.