The Windows store is pretty much like every other app store. It shows you recommended apps, staff choices, top grossing ones both that are free and that are paid for and of course it has some missing apps too. Let’s move on.
So what’s new with Windows 8?
1. The desktop concept is gone, instead you get the modern User Interface. It has live “tiles” that display real- time information on weather, social networking sites status, latest news, headlines, emails, live market info and much more.
2. A computer running Windows 8 boots straight to the lock screen that you swipe upwards to see multiple user accounts. The booting takes just 20 seconds in some cases!
3. The lock screen is fun. Even without logging in you can see your pending calendar appointments, new emails if any and updates from Facebook, Twitter and other networking sites.
4. The first time you log in it will prompt you for a Microsoft Account and if you don’t already have one, this is a good chance to create one. There is also the option to set a picture password that can have as many swipes and gestures as possible as long as they are circles, diagonals or taps. This is a pretty cool development!
5. The Charms bar is like an app switcher. It comes in from the right side of the screen and has all those apps or programs that are currently running on it. You can tap on one to change what you are currently working on. It’s like a stylized “Alt + Tab”. Multi-tasking is easier and rather stylish. But this charms bar makes more sense if you have a touch screen device.
6. The personalization option of Windows 8 is fabulous and you can actually control the look of your start screen desktop! Microsoft calls these the “Personalization Tattoos”, all tiles with different edges and patterns.
Phew! This is what is new with Windows 8! And the new windows 8 promo code source:http://www.couponsnapshot.com/
1) Buy a Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 with Home Basic or higher today and upgrade to Windows 8 for $14.99.
2) Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro Pack will cost you only $69.99 plus Free Shipping.
3) Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro & download from Windows.com priced $39.99
The tiles are super awesome, the look and the feel leave nothing to the imagination or to be desired and the new apps are all worth the purchase! Pre-book the Windows 8 at CouponSnapshot and be the early-bird to enjoy this technology.