As our trainer, John Tonkin, has been closely associated with the South African and International valve and pump market over the past 38 years. He having started his career in power station and progressed through the merchant marine (stream) and onto the design of valves, pumps and pipe work system. Involved in designing and presenting of training courses which covered the technicalities of pumps sets, pipes, valves, diesel engines and basic electrical system for pumping plants by more than 11 years. John can now offer your company the knowledge and skills he has gained over the years, presented in an interactive and practical manner. His courses have drawn a multitude of positive comments, many of which allude to his professional presentation style and the practical examples he offers throughout the training session.
Through the workshop, you will learn:
1. Define and apply hydraulic concepts in practice
-Quick opening, linear and equal percentage valve characteristic
- The influence pipe friction losses have on valve performance
- Cavitation and choked flow
- Pressure transients (hammer) in piping system
2. Classify valves by their type of construction and training
3. Detail the role played by individual valve components and their material of construction
4. List the common types of isolating valves and where and why they should be used
5. List the common types of control valves and where and why they should be used
6. Given practical case studies, select the most suitable valve pattern and recommend an appropriate size
7. Given a brief description of more common types of valve actuators and their application
For more details, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Contact person: Vimy Hue
Tel: 607 225 4825 | 607 225 4888