PRLog - Oct. 30, 2012 - ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- The Northern Virginia Black Chamber of Commerce announces the winners of its 2012 business honors, who will receive the awards at NVBCC's Annual Meeting on Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 8:00-9:30 am at The Waterford, 6715 Commerce Street, Springfield, VA 22150.
Johnson_ member_ of_ the_ year
Dr. Lisa Sturtevant, Deputy Director of the George Mason University Center for Regional Analysis will deliver the keynote address on the economic future of Northern Virginia.
Following Sturtevant's presentation on the 2013 forecast, Congressman Gerry Connolly and Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Sharon Bulova and will join NVBCC leaders in presenting six awards to seven recipients:
● Nationwide Insurance - The Brad Ryant Insurance Agency (DC), Outstanding Emerging Business
● Valley Green Landscaping (Alexandria)
● Intelligent Office of Alexandria (Alexandria)
● Alexandria-Fairfax County Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, Inc. (Alexandra/Huntington)
● Kim de Peiza, Key Concepts Knowledgebase, LLC (Fairfax), and Isaac Lewis, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (DC), Members of the Year
● Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (Tysons Corner), Outstanding Public Partner
"Our members and partners have attained outstanding accomplishments and engaged in outstanding work," says NVBCC chairwoman Gaea L. Honeycutt. "NVBCC is honored to have the opportunity to recognize them and bring attention to their achievements."
Annual Meeting sponsors include The Wentworth Group (Presenting Sponsor), Brazen Maven(SM) Marketing Communications, The Law Offices of Dontae L. Bugg, PLLC, and Lutalo Technology Solutions. Tickets are $30 members/$40 nonmembers by November 1, and $40 members/$50 nonmembers afterwards. Registration and details are available at http://nvbcc2012annual.eventbrite.com/