1) Sleep at least 9 hours per night.
More sleep makes your waking hours more mentally sharp and more energised meaning your feel less hungry then when you are worn out and comfort eating. Get good sleep and do not watch TV in the bedroom as this causes insomnia in many people.
2) Take a photo of yourself every 3 weeks to prove to yourself you are losing weight and can actually see the impact on your body that your are making. This will make you feel great and keep you motivated.
3) Weigh yourself every day. Some dieticians feel this will make you feel unhappy but this method keeps you in check if you are gaining weight and keeps you on your toes.
4) Adopt a happy frame of mind. Don't beat yourself up if you have a binge just wake up the next day and continue your dietary practices, we are none of us perfect!
5) Plan a nice holiday in 5 or 6 months time where you can visualise yourself there trim and slim and this will keep you motivated to keep eating right and losing those extra pounds of fat weight.
These 5 tips are so simple so give them a go now and most important of them all is to stay calm and keep yourself happy. You only live once so cheer up and feel positive that you will achieve your weight loss diet goals and sure enough you will.