PRLog - Oct. 26, 2012 - NOVI, Mich. -- Extra visitors and loud noises. While the sight of gathering family members can bring joy to us, it can put stress on your pet. Strange or unusual sights and sounds can scare them. If your pet becomes easily overwhelmed, keep him in a quiet room. Not only will this help your pet stay calm, but you can also avoid the possibility of your pet escaping or becoming aggressive in unfamiliar surroundings.
Holiday Pet Safety
Candles. From Halloween to Christmas, candles can be seen in many households. Use caution with fire as your pet can knock it over or burn themselves. Use the flameless candles to get the same look with the added safety for your pet.
Decorations. It is not just candles that are dangerous for our pets. Tinsel, strands of lights, and glass ornaments must be used with supervision. The pet can become tangled or ingest these materials leading to sickness or even death. Poinsettia plants, a common holiday decoration, can also make your pet sick if ingested. Keep an eye on your pet if you use these items in your home or use them in a place that your pet cannot access.
Special offers can be found on our website along the photos of available pets, http://www.petlandnovi.com or you can come into our Petland Novi store located at the Twelve Oaks shopping mall.
27200 Novi Road Novi, MI 48377
Monday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Tuesday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Table scraps. It can be tempting this holiday to season to fix your pet a heaping plate of leftovers but you should let him stick to his normal diet. Many common ingredients in “people food” can cause indigestion in pets or a more severe reaction.
Chocolate. With the large amount of candy in the home during the holidays, pet owners should not share any candy, especially chocolate, with their pets. Chocolate contains theobromine. It is a substance that is easily digested by humans, but can, in large quantities, be fatal to pets. Ten ounces of milk chocolate and even less of unsweetened baking chocolate can qualify as a lethal dose for small pets, especially those weighing 20 pounds or less. Symptoms such as severe stomach pains, vomiting, diarrhea, labored breathing and even seizures can strike a pet after ingesting chocolate. Call your vet if your pet has eaten any chocolate and is experiencing any of these symptoms.
Playing dress up. Pet owners love to dress up their pets all year round. They especially like to look their best when company comes over. Make sure that the costume fits well and is not too tight. Avoid using elastic or rubber bands as they can restrict blood flow and become tangled in fur. More importantly, the pet could ingest part of the costume or become tangled in ribbons or ties. Always supervise your dressed up pet.
Here at Petland Novi we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and have built our reputation around that since 1967 helping thousands of families adopt new pets into their homes. Petland Novi’s breeders are USDA Federally Licensed and State Regulated, Government approved breeders. We visit our breeders on a regular basis to make sure their standards are above USDA guidelines. At Petland Novi we place puppies in loving homes. Take home a Petland Novi puppy today! Have a happy and safe holiday season from everyone here at Petland Novi.