Make it a Southwest Inspired Holiday at Rio Grill
MONTEREY, CA, For a Southwestern California spin on holiday fare, check out Rio Grill in the Crossroads Shopping Center in Carmel. If you want to reserve the newly refurbished Sante Fe Room and Barrel Room for a private function, Chef Cy Yontz offers a $65 per person plus tax and gratuity four-course pre-fixe holiday dinner menu, featuring creative twists on standards - sweet potato and raja chile empanadas with cinnamon crema, or turkey breast with cranberry-ginger compote, red chile mole and tortilla-squash chilaquiles. Patrons in the main restaurant can expect similarly inventive dishes, such as wood-grilled veal Delmonico with cactus salsa and a cranberry-pinon tamale. Your standard family roast never looked so boring.
Check out the complete holiday menu below:
First Course: (Please Select One)
• -Turkey Springrolls with Cranberry-Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
• -Sweet Potato and Raja Chile Empanadas with Cinnamon Crema
• -BBQ Duck Confit Tamale with Tomato-Ginger Chutney
Second Course (Please Select One)
• -Pumpkin Bisque with Toasted Lime Pepitas
• Mixed Greens with Curry Vinaigrette, Pecorino Cheese, and Seasoned Walnuts
• -Butter Lettuce with Cranberry-Truffle-
Entree (Please Select Two)
• -Snake River Farms Ham with Pineapple Butter, Sweet Potato Hash and Green Bean Casserole
• -Sliced Turkey Breast with Cranberry-Ginger Compote, Red Chile Mole and Tortilla-Squash Chilaquiles
• -Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream, Corn-Queso Fresco Mashed Potatoes Bacon Spiked Brussel Sprouts and Grilled Tomato Gratin
• -Pumpkin Seed Crusted Salmon with Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette, Cilantro Rice and Yellow Wax Beans
• -House Smoked Half Chicken with Mild Smoked Chile Butter, Southwestern Cornbread-Tomatillo Stuffing
Dessert: (Please Select One)
• -Roasted Banana Cake with Cinnamon Ice Cream and Burnt Caramel Sauce
• -Chocolate Torte with Vanilla Ice Cream
• -House Made Olallieberry Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream
• -Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch and Candied Ginger
For more information on Rio Grill call (831) 625-5436 or go to www.riogrill.com. The Rio serves lunch daily from 11:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., dinner daily from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. and brunch on Sunday from 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Background on Rio Grill:
Since 1983, Rio Grill has been the place to meet friends, enjoy cocktails, food and wine and experience great dining on the Monterey Peninsula. Our high energy restaurant is located at the mouth of the Carmel Valley in the fabulous Crossroads Shopping Village and has won numerous reader's choice awards and inspired food critics both near and far.
Menu highlights include Creative Regional California Cuisine from the wood-burning grill and oak wood burner, as well as Chef Cy's daily creations which include fresh fish, pasta, salads and sandwiches. Delicious food combined with impeccable service form the cornerstones of Rio Grill's continued success.
101 Crossroads Blvd, Carmel CA 93923