Carmel Valley’s East End Wine Row To Hold “Holiday Taste of Wine Row” Saturday, December 8th, 2012, 1-5PM
Sip Wine With The Owners and Winemakers. Enjoy Perfectly Paired Bites From Carmel Valley’s Finest Restaurants. Find Unique Holiday Gift Items. Support Voices For Children of Monterey County.
CARMEL VALLEY, CA – Sip, Savor, Shop and Celebrate at the inaugural “Holiday Taste of Wine Row” at Carmel Valley’s East End Wine Row, which features the tasting rooms of Chesebro Wines, Cima Collina, Dawn’s Dream Winery, Holman Ranch, Joyce Vineyards, Parsonage Family Winery and Silvestri Vineyard. The Tasting Rooms, all located at 19 E. Carmel Valley Road in Carmel Valley Village, will join together to present an unforgettable celebration of food and wine.
On Saturday, December 8th from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., a ticket to a Holiday Taste of Wine Row will entitle you to:
• Two tastes personally selected by each winemaker.
• Two small bites from favorite Carmel Valley restaurants like Cafe Rustica, Lokal, Vineyard Bistro, Paradise Catering and others perfectly paired with each winery's offerings.
• The chance to shop at seven unique tasting rooms for the most sought-after holiday wines and unique gifts.
• And the opportunity to help Voices for Children -- CASA of Monterey County. Voices for Children -- CASA will be on hand with empty wine barrels needing to be filled with holiday gifts. Voices for Children -- CASA offers foster children the opportunity to 'shop' for their loved ones at a special Voices for Children -- CASA gift store. Voices for Children -- CASA seeks donations of new, unwrapped gifts for older youth and adults! The ‘Gift of Giving’ campaign goal is for each child to be able to walk into the Voices for Children -- CASA store and select the perfect gifts for everyone on their list, whether siblings, parents, grandparents or foster parents.
• Bring one unwrapped gift to the Holiday Taste of Wine Row to support Voices for Children -- CASA of Monterey County, and you will receive a complimentary ticket for one photo with Santa to take home as a holiday keepsake print.
Must be 21 or older (children welcome to have photo taken with Santa with purchase of an adult ticket) to purchase tickets, and space is limited to 250 people. Tickets cost $50 per person in advance or $60 at the door, and are available at each winery's website, in the tasting rooms, or online at http://www.eastendwinerow.com/
Participating wineries include:
The event will take place at East End Wine Row, located at 19 East Carmel Valley Road at the end of the Village. Start the “Holiday Taste of Wine Row” at the tasting room of your choice by showing your ticket. For more information, visit www.eastendwinerow.com.
Background on East End Wine Row:
East End Wine Row is an association of Camel Valley tasting rooms located at the east end of the Village on Carmel Valley Road. Comprising seven unique tasting rooms, the East End Wine Row is not overly crowded and provides a warm, personal interaction with tasting hosts and winemakers.
Carmel Valley is one of the seven appellations that make up Monterey County's diverse wine country and is perhaps the most distinct. Nestled into the towering Santa Lucia Range, Carmel Valley geographically defies daytime zephyrs and fogs, yielding the warm summer and fall days and cool nights that are especially favorable to Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and other red varietals. Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel also perform exceptionally well in Carmel Valley.
Location: East End Wine Row is 11.5 miles east of Highway 1 in Carmel Valley Village and comprises the following tasting rooms: Chesebro Wines, Cima Collina, Dawn’s Dream Winery, Holman Ranch, Joyce Vineyards, Parsonage Family Winery and Silvestri Vineyards. Sip wine, enjoy the Carmel Valley sunshine and savor everything East End Wine Row has to offer.
Background on Voices for Children -– CASA of Monterey County:
Voices for Children - CASA of Monterey County is a non-profit child advocacy organization serving children in Monterey County’s Foster Care System. Community volunteers train to become advocates called CASAs (Court Appointed Special Advocates) and are dedicated to the well-being of an abused or neglected child. CASAs strive to help foster children build permanent connections, look towards the future, and build trust. They offer support, encouragement, and guidance designed to ensure the child is well cared for while in foster care and receives needed services.
The ‘Gift of Giving’ is Voices for Children – CASA’s program that provides children in foster care with the opportunity to take part in the spirit of the holiday season. An important component of healthy relationships is learning how to give. CASAs through their dedication, show children what it is like to be cared for and treated with respect. The ‘Gift of Giving’ helps teach children how to give in return, how to express their affection for those around them. Between December 8th and 22nd CASAs will bring over 150 children to the Voices for Children - CASA office to pick out gifts to give to friends, teachers, and family.
Please consider contributing new items to this year’s ‘Gift of Giving’. For health reasons, we cannot accept used items. Here is our wish list:
• New small gifts items such as toys, games, photo frames
• Men and women’s clothing accessories, such as hats, scarves, gloves, socks
• Stationery gifts such as pen sets or note cards
• Toiletry items such as cologne, nail polish, lotion, or dusting powder
• Gift cards for grocery stores, (Safeway, Nob Hill, SaveMart), Subway, Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Target, Kohls, or similar multi-purpose stores such as Walgreens, CVS, or RiteAid – suggested minimum gift card amount is $25