This Summit is one of the only events in world where government officials, health authorities and Ministers of Health, Tourism, Commerce and Economy all gather at a round table summit to collaborate and network on issues such as; health, tourism, development, sustainability, legal issues and developing partnerships necessary to achieve each countries respective goals.
The Summit was initiated by delegate introductions, opening remarks and a presentation by the Congress host, and president of the Medical Tourism Association®
● International Investment and Local Health
● Public Private Partnerships
● Healthcare Investment and Development
● Legal Considerations in Developing Medical Tourism Destinations
● Wellness and Engagement Programs
· Regional Healthcare Collaboration
● Value Based Healthcare Design and Insurance
● If Disney Ran your Hospital
● International Healthcare Consumer Coalition Lobbying
After the presentations delegates had a lot to say in an open discussion where partnerships were made, problems were resolved and everyone learned something new about developing their medical tourism industry. The networking continued after the Summit with a private tour of the exhibit hall and cocktail reception.
“I think it’s very exciting, and I was very impressed with how many high level people were involved, for me it’s very important to keep up with what the trends are and it’s important to see how medical tourism is being addressed elsewhere,” said Bernard Merkel, Minister Counselor, Head of Food Safety, Health and Consumer Affairs for the Delegation of the European Union to the United States of America and speaker at the Ministerial Summit.