Mirabella Portland was honored for the following qualities:
• Urban high-rise model of Continuing Care model for seniors wanting to remain actively connected with the community.
• First LEED Platinum Certified Continuing Care Retirement Community in the world.
• Integration of landscape into dense urban development consistent with River Greenway overlay district.
• Recognized internationally by visiting architects and senior housing developers as a model for other countries.
• Marked success in difficult economy and strong acceptance by neighbors and Portland Metro area.
In its 34th year, the ULI awards program recognizes the full development process of a project, with criteria that include leadership, contribution to the community, innovations, public/private partnership, environmental protection and enhancement, response to societal needs, and financial viability.
Mirabella Portland is a green, sustainable retirement community located in the EcoDistrict of South Waterfront. Its award-winning design incorporates outdoor gardens, eco-roofs, terraces, and an expansive river rock fountain to create a sensory connection with nature. Residents enjoy stunning mountain, river, and city views from their apartment homes, the 24th-floor restaurants, and other fine amenities. And walking paths, outdoor sculptures, and a street-side café integrate residents with the active, artsy lifestyle of South Waterfront.
Mirabella Portland is located at 3550 S.W. Bond Avenue, Portland, OR 97239. To learn more, call 503-245-4742 or 1-877-254-9371, and visit our website at www.retirement.org/