The Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asha 309 deliver a full smartphone experience enriched with new Nokia web services, Nokia Nearby and developer tools
Nokia Asha Touch Range
• Fun to use – swipe to explore the three homescreens:
• Faster and cheaper internet with the cloud accelerated Nokia Xpress Browse
• Stream videos from YouTube and other favorite streaming sites
• 40 Free EA games to download
• Access your Facebook and Twitter networks from the preloaded social applications
• Discover, share and get there with Nokia Maps and Nokia Nearby Application
• Nokia Music- a catalogue of over 4.5 million songs across 26 genres
Indore, October 18, 2012 – Reinnovating consumer experiences at attractive price points, Nokia India ushered in two new smartphones - Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asha 309, the latest additions to the Asha Touch family of smartphones - to accelerate the consumer journey of connecting the next billion to the internet. Nokia Asha 308 and 309, the most affordable capacitive touch screen device come equipped with the cloud accelerated Nokia Xpress Browser and are optimized for faster and cheaper browsing experience, Nokia Maps, Nokia Music, Apps, 40 premium EA games and integrated social networking experience offering smartphone experience to consumers at newer price points.
Additionally, the new devices also come preloaded with the Nokia Nearby app that allows consumers to discover, search and share places of interest around them. The app gives access to over 7 million places of interest in India. Specifically in Indore, consumers have access to over 7500 shopping destinations, 900 tourism places, over 500 places to eat and more!
Commenting on the launch Mr. V. Ramnath, Director Sales, Nokia India “The launch of Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asha 309 portray our conviction towards our strategy of connecting the next billion and showcases our success towards delivering on this strategy. We are constantly innovating our devices and experiences to bring the new age hyper-social and aspirational consumers closer to the great smartphone experience at unique price points. With Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asha 309 embedded with Nearby application, Nokia Maps, Nokia Music will set new benchmarks in offering differentiated experiences to our consumers.”
The dual SIM Nokia Asha 308 and single SIM Nokia Asha 309 give consumers fast web access at low cost. To create this smarter Internet experience, Nokia released a new version of Nokia Xpress Browser, which enables up to 85% more efficient mobile browsing and faster access to rich web applications compared to conventional browsers.
Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asha 309
The Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asha 309 are 2G-enabled devices featuring a 3.0’’ WQVGA capacitive display, multiple home screens, stereo radio, loud speakers and up to 32GB microSD card support. The Nokia Asha 309 is the single SIM variant with WiFi, while the Nokia Asha 308 is a dual SIM device featuring Nokia's industry-leading Easy Swap technology. Easy Swap enables people to switch between multiple SIM cards quickly and easily to get the best local tariffs without having to remove the battery or turn off the phone.
The phones also come with the free gift of 40 premium EA games, social features such as standalone Facebook and Twitter clients, the Nokia Messaging Service, and video streaming through the browser from sites like YouTube – a first within the Asha Touch range.
Nokia also introduced two extensions to its Xpress Browser Internet platform, the only cloud-based web browser to support web apps:
• The Nokia Nearby web app helps people discover new places by searching nearby locations and presenting the options on a map. The service is available via Nokia Xpress Browser or as a feature within Nokia Maps.
• The Nokia Xpress Web App Builder makes it even easier to build new applications. With Nokia Xpress Web App Builder, publishers can create appealing web apps for Asha Touch devices, and even novices can turn their web content into a fun and sophisticated web app for Nokia consumers.
The Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asa 309 are priced at Rs 6149/-and at 6349/- respectively and will be available across the country starting October 27. The new smart devices are available in Black and Golden Light colour.
For further information, please contact: