If you stay without health security then you may face worst financial situation in case of catastrophic disease or may also face life threatening in worse situation. It is also important to know that a person without private medical insurance(http://www.privatehealthinsurance247.co.uk/
Eligibility criteria for HIPAA are:
• Applicant should be at least 18 months under heath care security without any break
• Most recent insurance plan should be under group plan
• Applicant should not be eligible to get insurance coverage under another group coverage
• The plan should not be terminated due to non-payment of premium or fraud inside the plan
• Applicant should not be eligible for Medicaid or Medicare
• If you are under COBRA coverage or state health care plans
These are eligibility requirements of HIPAA. There is something that not included in this act. HIPAA can’t do the things like:
• It is not to regulate rates on premium amount
• Coverage group plan offers are also not regulated through this
• It is not necessary that employer provide group health insurance coverage to their employees.
• It is also not necessary that company’ health care plan include coverage for family and dependent
HIPAA provide right to get private health insurance coverage to individuals but if there is break in insurance coverage for 63 days or more than 63 days then it will cause loss of rights and protections of HIPAA. Applicant is also eligible to make free request for the certificate of creditable coverage from former insurance provider and the request also contains the length of time in which the person was insured under the plan provided by that company.