Once you do this, you inspire people within your organization, motivate them to be purposeful around what they do, and the rewards come with increased productivity and profitability.
The leadership theories Jeff Immelt included in his presentation included:
1. Be purposeful about what you are there to do. Clearly understand what is the added value and purpose that you add to the world.
2. Always work on what is important. So many times we get caught up in daily activities and forget the important parts of our jobs.
3. Adaptability is key in this global economy. Things can change on a moment’s notice and we need to be ready for these changes.
4. Form teams, work as a team, and treat everyone within the organization well.
5. Always be prepared for the unexpected.
To learn more about creating a vision, purpose and value system that will engage, empower and enrich your employees for increased productivity and productivity, contact Dianne Durkin at 603.334.3401.