Janice Boes, Amber Dixon, Shannon Parisi, Annette Pieper, and Sabina Zunguze join Rene’ Johnson on the board to assist with growing the chapter, bringing speakers and opportunities to the members, seeking sponsorships, and contributing to its success.
• Rene’ Johnson, owner of The Power Zone Coach, is the newly appointed President of the Salt Lake City chapter
• Janice Boes, the owner of Premier Corporate Events and Pierpont Place, is the chapter’s new President-Elect
• Amber Dixon, Marketing Director for Intermountain Financial Group and owner of Amber Gold Marketing, is the chapter’s Vice President of Trustees
• Shannon Parisi, co-owner of Salt Lake Chiropractic, is the Vice President of Membership
• Annette Pieper, owner of Vision 2 Reality Training, is the chapter’s new Vice President of Programs
• Sabina Zunguze, owner of Beautiful Options USA, and DBA A Gift to Africa, is the new Vice President of Communications
MaryPat Kavanagh, the chapters past President will continue to serve on the board as the Chairman. While acting as President, Kavanagh, owner of Strategic Results Marketing, revitalized the local NAWBO chapter and increased its membership making the chapter an influential group for Utah women business owners to be a part of.
Kavanagh said “I have had the great fortune of serving as President of NAWBO-SLC this past term, and I look forward to the positive changes for the coming year.” She added, “Women need to support women. Utah is ranked 14th nationally for women entrepreneurs, and NAWBO is an amazing resource to be a part of to grow your business.”
The group’s focus is on established entrepreneurial women in a variety of industries. Several current members of the organization have attributed the chapter to growing their businesses exponentially, and providing them with the support they needed in the current economic environment. “Through the support of NAWBO members, and the many businesses I have been able to connect with at the events, I was able to grow my one-person event-management company, Premier Corporate Events, to a prosperous business where I have earned the title of “30 Women to Watch” by Utah Business Magazine, and given the “Brides Choice Award” by Wedding Wire,” said Boes.
The local chapter meets on the first Wednesday of every month for educational workshops, the third Wednesday of each month for an evening networking mixer, and offers specialty events like the Chicks with Sticks golf event, summer social, and a seasonal event in December.
For more information about the local NAWBO chapter, contact Shannon Parisi, Vice President of Membership, at 801-907-1894 or email her at shannon.parisi@
# # #
Founded in 1975, NAWBO® is the voice of America’s more than 10 million women-owned businesses. By representing the interests of women entrepreneurs across various industries from state capitals to our nation’s capital, NAWBO® strives to advocate on behalf of women business owners on matters of public policy as well as develop programs to navigate women entrepreneurs through the various stages of business growth and provide networking opportunities where members can share best practices. Learn more at nawbo.org.