The most romantic dining experience in London
The Doyle Collection has launched the most romantic dining experience in London for Valentine’s Day – designed to stimulate the five senses through sight, smell, taste, touch and sound.
Every part of the bars and restaurants in The Kensington Hotel, The Marylebone Hotel and The Bloomsbury Hotel has been specifically designed to heighten the senses for an unparallel romantic dining experience. From the opulent cashmere and silk chairs in the bar and a chilled cocktail infused with ginseng and peaches, to the Ylang Ylang and Orange Blossom scented candles in the restaurant and romantic melodies of Schubert playing in the background.
• Candlelight is best for creating a romantic atmosphere due to its soft lighting and the fact the shadows cast through the light can often enhance our best features. It also masks imperfections, increasing confidence and making people look and feel more attractive
• Red is the colour of romance and passion but pink is better for a calmer, more gentle, romantic atmosphere
• The London Doyle Collection hotels have increased the number of candles throughout the bars and restaurants as well as having pink flowers on each table
• Scents can go a long way in heightening the feelings of romance and passion, with the most commonly cited ‘romantic’
• Ylang ylang and orange blossom scented candles in the restaurant and seating areas enhance the atmosphere for Valentine’s diners
• Ginseng, saffron, nutmeg, cloves, garlic, strawberry, passion fruit, peach and ginger are all said to be natural aphrodisiacs, along with the traditional oysters, chocolate and Champagne
• The hotel mixologists have created bespoke Valentine’s Day cocktails which include peach, ginseng and champagne
• The chefs at each hotel have infused their menus with romantic flavours as well as offering Champagne as part of the Valentines’ Day menus
Touch – opulent surroundings and soft touch furnishings
• The smooth and supple textures or silk, cashmere and satin heighten people’s sensual awareness while things with a clinical, sterile feel such as starchy cotton and metal are non-sensual and not romantic
• The chairs in each hotel bar are covered in opulent cashmere with a scattering of silk cushions for diners to relax in while enjoying a cocktail or glass of Champagne for dinner
• 74% of people say that good restaurant background music means they are more likely to enjoy their meal while 78% cite a restaurant that plays good music helps them relax*
• Romantic music, such as Schubert, Schumann, Tchaikovsky, Chopin and Liszt, enhances our senses and increases a sense of sympathy and love
• Each hotel will be playing a selection of romantic music to complete the Valentine’s experience at The Doyle Collection, London
Siobhan Walker, Director of Sales and Marketing - London at The Doyle Collection says: “Feelings and emotions can be very much affected by external influences so all the managers of the London hotels in The Doyle Collection have carefully investigated what makes for the ultimate romantic surroundings this Valentine’s Day. We want our diners to enjoy a truly decadent and relaxing meal with their loved one this year and believe we have created the most romantic dining experience in London.”
What’s more, The Doyle Collection is also offering the ultimate Valentine’s Day package for a relaxing and indulgent experience in London. From £190 (excluding VAT) for two people, the Love in London package is the perfect opportunity for you to spoil that special someone in your life.
For more information or to book either the Valentine’s Dinner or Love in London package please visit www.doylecollection.com
For more information contact The Doyle Collection Press Office at thedoylecollection@
* According to Entertainment Media Research in 2009
Notes to Editors:
Love in London package:
From £190 for two, excluding VAT, Love in London includes:
• Overnight accommodation in a Superior Room
• A choice of 2 Passion Fruit Martinis or Glasses of Champagne in the hotel bar
• Indulgent breakfast in bed
• Late check-out at 3pm
How To Book
Simply select ‘London’ and your chosen London hotel in our booking engine above. Select your chosen dates and room requirements (select 2 people). Click on the ‘go’ button and these package details will be displayed subject to availability.
Terms and Conditions
Our Love in London package is valid for stays from 3-20 February 2012. Bookings must be made by 19 February 2012. The package includes a choice of 2 Passion Fruit Martini or Glass of Champagne in the hotel bar (any alternatives are at the discretion of the hotel), and breakfast in bed to be ordered the night before, room service is complimentary. Additional nights or dinner in the restaurant can be booked by calling the hotel. Cancellations should be made prior to 24 hours before arrival. Rate quoted is exclusive of VAT.
About The Doyle Collection
The Doyle Collection is a luxury hotel group that comprises eleven hotels in six cities around the world. These design-led properties provide modern havens for modern day travellers, as well as stylish bars and restaurants for local consumers. For more details, visit www.doylecollection.com.