Massive Audio engineers have been working very hard on the Hippo Series and are excited to be presenting the 8 inch version before CES 2013. Imagine the true performance of a 12” subwoofer with only 8 inches of surface area. This is achieved untraditionally due to an oversized voice coil and extra deep basket which makes it possible for the cone to travel farther without hitting the spider. Also with careful attention to acoustical detail, the Hippo 8 will impress sonically as well as outperforming other larger sized subwoofers.
“It will definitely give other high-powered 8 inch subwoofers a run for their money and at a much better value. We simply expect the Hippo 8 to be the best 8 inch subwoofer in its class.” Says Jeremy Larsson, International Sales Manager for Massive Audio.
After careful inspection you will find the Hippo 8 to feature:
• 8" Deep Die Cast Basket for High Power, Low Resonance and Extended Excursion.
• Kevlar Woven Non-Pressed Paper Cone with EROM Foam Surround
• Dual High Quality Over Sized Spiders “Mirror Imaged” for Very Low Distortion
• Woven High Current Tinsel Leads on Over Sized Spiders
• 2.5" Voice Coil with 36mm Winding Length for Maximum Excursion
• 10mm Top Plate High Grade Carbon Steel
• Custom 1-pc T-yoke / Bottom Plate
• Dual 4 Ohm Custom Chrome Spring Loaded Terminals for 1 Ohm or 4 Ohm
• Power Handling from 500W RMS – 1000W MAX
• Rubber Gasket and Rubber Magnet Boot.
“The Hippo Series Subwoofers will be hard to miss and easy to hear in 2013 and are designed for daily drivers and experienced competitors alike. With its elegant yet strong build, expect these “Fat Bottom Boomers” to be roaming the streets in a MetroTownCityVille near you!” said Mr. Larsson.
The Hippo 8” Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer is rated at 500 Watts RMS and a MSRP for $249.95.
For more information on Massive Audio High Performance products visit the newly designed website at: http://www.massiveaudio.com or https://www.facebook.com/