Compuware APM for Mainframe is available in two versions:
• PurePath for z/OS CICS: for monitoring CICS application transactions in a CICS region or CICSPlex; and
• PurePath for z/OS Java: for monitoring mainframe Java applications.
“As applications mature in order to be delivered on mobile, tablet, and new interfaces many business still rely on tried and true mainframe processing for those transactions.”
PurePath for z/OS provides unprecedented visibility into mainframe applications and reduces complexity in several unique ways:
• Deep Transaction Management from the Edge Into Mainframe CICS and Java Procedures: automatically discovers, maps and monitors all transactions through distributed tier and mainframe applications with complete mainframe CICS and Java transaction steps and timings;
• Mainframe CPU MIPS Savings: by optimizing transaction requests and improving application performance efficiency, expensive mainframe upgrades are eliminated or delayed;
• Zero-Configuration Instrumentation:
• One-Click Hotspot Analysis: provides faster mean-time-to-
• Once Click Strobe Measurement Request: Strobe provides reporting and analysis for profiling mainframe WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Message Broker, Enterprise Service Bus, CICS, IMS, Batch, DB2, CTG, JMS, Web Services, and Cobol, PL/I.
“The increasing need for mainframes to support real-time systems of engagement like banking, travel and retail has created a huge industry problem that hasn’t been addressed —until now,” said Bob Paul, Chief Executive Officer at Compuware Corporation. “Typically when organizations have mobile, web or business applications that put performance pressures on the mainframe, they are blind and can’t trace transactions from the distributed tiers deep into the mainframe. For the first time ever, with Compuware APM for Mainframe, we’ve extended deep transaction management into the mainframe. This innovation propels Compuware’s APM leadership and our competitive advantage, by providing our customers with an unmatched new-generation APM offering for mainframe.”
Compuware APM for Mainframe maps each mainframe transaction procedure, including timings to determine which procedure steps are taking longer than expected to complete. With complete n-tier visibility from an end-user’s browser across web and app servers, through message brokers into CICS and all the way to the database, operators can immediately determine the problem root cause and fix issues before they turn into serious problems.
“Our application delivery chain is very complex and has multiple tiers in different locations, which can make finding performance issues challenging, creating a lot of finger pointing during war room meetings,” said Sean O’Neil, Director of Enterprise Performance and Stability for one of the world’s largest health carriers. “With Compuware’s new PurePath for z/OS solutions, we now have the ability to trace an end user’s business transaction across any number of distributed or mainframe tiers in real-time, 24/7. Now we can actually see the iterative calls between each tier that’s causing performance issues and fix them before our customers are impacted. Without PurePath z/OS, this task would have taken months, where now it only took us just a few hours.”
Compuware APM® is the industry’s leading solution for optimizing the performance of web, non-web, mobile, streaming and cloud applications. Driven by end-user experience, Compuware APM provides the market’s only unified APM coverage across the entire application delivery chain—from the edge of the internet through the cloud to the datacenter. Compuware APM helps customers deliver proactive problem resolution for greater customer satisfaction, accelerate time-to-market for new application functionality and reduce application management costs through smarter analytics and advanced APM automation.
With more than 4,000 APM customers worldwide, Compuware is recognized as a leader in the “Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring” report.
Follow Compuware on:
• Twitter - CompuwareAPM
• Twitter - Compuware
• Facebook – CompuwareAPM
• Facebook - Compuware
• YouTube - Compuware
• APM Blog
• dynaTrace Blog
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world’s most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: http://www.compuware.com.