Artists donating songs include Will Turpin of the rock band Collective Soul, Dave Philp, originally from the pop/punk group The Automatics, singer/songwriters Matthew Mayfield, Ernie Halter, Todd Carey and Steve Everett, plus emerging artists Travis Denning and Saints Of Valory. Rounding out the disc are Martin Rivas, Michael Lyons of the rock/reggae band B-Liminal, Lauren St. Jane and the Dead Westerns, Mikey Wax and Mama Gypsy.
Turpin, who contributed the William Dix classic “What Child Is This?”, said the 13-song disc will provide help in a variety of ways.
“I grew up in a musical household and in the church. By the time Christmas rolled around, I pretty much sang and memorized almost every holiday classic,” said Turpin, co-founder of the multi-platinum group Collective Soul. “’What Child Is This?’ particularly resonates with me because it asks a question. I find myself constantly asking questions about life. A Rock By The Sea Christmas offers financial assistance and healing through the power of music.”
Rock By The Sea is dedicated to planning and producing music festivals and events that raise money to financially assist deserving cancer charities that provide direct services to those in need. The primary beneficiary for 2012 is the Pediatric Brian Tumor Program at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando, FL. The charity strives to create an outlet for these agencies to gain exposure with the public and facilitate donations. Through compilation CDs, musical concerts, silent auctions, selling merchandise and general donations, Rock By The Sea hopes to create awareness and provide an avenue that leads to involvement and enhancement of the direct services provided.
“As Rock By The Sea grows, the Christmas CD is something that our community looks forward to each year,” said Beth Gosnell, president of the Florida-based charity. “The project is a true labor of love with some tremendous artists donating their talents to our efforts, and the charities we support love it. It’s just one more thing that brings us together at a special time of year.”
A Rock By The Sea Christmas :: Volume Three is available for pre-order now at http://rockbythesea.storenvy.com/
A Rock By The Sea Christmas :: Volume Three track listing
1. “What Child Is This?” Performed by Will Turpin of Collective Soul | Composed by William C. Dix
2. “All I Want For Christmas Is You” Performed by Ernie Halter | Composed by Walter N. Afanasieff and Mariah Carey
3. “Christmas Already?” Performed by Martin Rivas | Composed by Martin Rivas
4. “Last Christmas” Performed by Michael Lyons | Composed by George Michael
5. “Ballad Of Rudolph” Performed by Travis Denning | Composed by Travis Denning, Jonathan Davis and Jordan Hering
6. “Christmastime Is Coming” Performed by Dave Philp | Composed by David Anthony Philp
7. “Snow For Johnny” Performed by Lauren St Jane and the Dead Westerns | Composed by Fred Carter Jr. and Harold Jenkins
8. “Catch The Midnight Flight” Performed by Mikey Wax | Composed by Mikey Wax
10. “Winter Lights” Performed by Saints Of Valory | Composed by Gavin Jasper, Godfrey Thomson and Stephen Buckle
11. “Love In Snow” Performed by Steve Everett | Composed by Steve Thompson
12. “Perfect Christmas Day” Performed by Todd Carey | Composed by Todd Carey
13. “What Child Is This?” Performed by Mama Gypsy | Composed by William C. Dix