Unfrazzle, a new app for iPhone and Android, provides mobile task management and coordination for family caregivers — it helps caregivers remember and track the full range of their caregiving tasks, and stay in-sync with other caregivers. “Caring for friends and family is a natural and beautiful part of life, but it can also be overwhelming and sometimes lonely,” says Mehta. “With Unfrazzle I hope to help caregivers find space for joy, warmth and life.”
Everyday family caregivers face a wide variety seemingly mundane but constantly changing and never ending caregiving tasks, which together can be overwhelming. In addition, multiple caregivers are often involved, and keeping everyone informed and coordinated can be very difficult. Unfrazzle addresses these widely felt challenges of everyday caregiving. Unfrazzle helps users remember and keep track of all of these tasks: medications, exercises, chores, observations, appointments, … anything. And, Unfrazzle enables co-caregivers to see each other’s activities to stay constantly connected.
While there are many career paths that a NASA scientist with heady degrees from Princeton, Stanford and Columbia and experience leading innovation for Apple, Adobe, Paul Allen and Symbol could have chosen, Mehta has devoted himself to developing technologies that help people take care of themselves and their families. He is on the board of the Family Caregiver Alliance, is a leader in the Quantified Self movement, and led the development of Zume Life and Tonic, ground-breaking products that led to Unfrazzle.
Now he’s pulled together a team from the frontlines of caregiving to create the Unfrazzle app and a social network of caregivers. Joining him are:
● Hugh Dubberly, award winning designer and educator, who’s firm Dubberly Design Office advises some of the world’s leading technology, media and health companies. Dubberly has worked closely with Mehta for many years, and together they have written about and lectured on designing for health.
● David Bunnell. Media entrepreneur and founder of PC World, Macworld and ELDR, David is an expert social media community architect.
● Mary Beth Sammons, award-winning health and wellness journalist and co-author of We Carry Each Other: Getting Through Life’s Toughest Times based on CarePages, the hugely successful online community she helped to launch to help loved ones stay connected through health crises – now used by millions of people worldwide as a critical forum. Now, she is focusing on creating community around everyday caregiving.
● Ashvin Radiya PhD is at the forefront of multi-platform, hybrid app development. His firm AvantSoft develops software and provides development training on cutting-edge technologies for leading corporations around the globe.
"I think of Unfrazzle as 'social networking meets caregiving'"
The team is building more than an app, it is working to build a community of caregivers, Unfrazzle users who share both the challenges and the purely human experiences of caring for loved ones, and help each other persevere as they navigate the often rocky terrain of everyday caregiving. “You are not alone.” is the resounding message from the Unfrazzle pilot community members who already are sharing with others the small and big steps they’re taking to make caring for a loved one easier and more fulfilling. Their stories can be found at the Unfrazzle website (www.unfrazzledcare.com)
Mehta will be demonstrating Unfrazzle during the Launch! portion of the Health 2.0 conference, at 1:30 pm on Tuesday, October 9th.
Unfrazzle is currently in private beta, and will be available soon. From more information contact Rajiv Mehta, email@example.com, (650) 823-3274.
Unfrazzle is developed by Bhageera Inc, led by Rajiv Mehta. Bhageera Inc also provides consulting services to help companies evaluate and commercialize radical innovation, with a focus on consumer health innovations.
Photos are screenshots available by request.
- AvantSoft: www.avantsoft.com
- Bhageera Inc: www.bhageera.com
- Dubberly Design Office: www.dubberly.com
- Family Caregiver Alliance: www.caregiver.org
- Quantified Self: www.quantifiedself.com
- Unfrazzle: www.unfrazzledcare.com