The first step in prevention is to consider lifestyle and determine any changes to get healthier. In order to reduce the risk of developing breast cancer, consider the following:
• Limit Alcohol Intake. Alcohol increases the risk for developing breast cancer, so set a limit of one drink per day.
• Maintain a Healthy Weight. Eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables as part of a well-balanced diet is important as being overweight increases the risk of developing the disease.
• Exercise. Working out on a regular basis will help to maintain a healthy weight, as mentioned above, which is an important step in prevention. Complete 150 minutes of moderate exercise, such as swimming, per week or 75 minutes of vigorous exercise, such as running, per week.
In addition to making lifestyle changes, it’s also essential to catch breast cancer as early as possible. While breast lumps are common in women in their 20s to early 50s, approximately 90 percent are noncancerous. Although this is the case, it is always best to err on the side of caution and get it checked out.
Make an appointment with a doctor if there are appearances of any of the following:
- A new breast lump that doesn’t go away after your next period
- An existing breast lump that has grown larger
- Skin changes on a breast, such as redness or dimpling
Making breast cancer prevention a priority will help to stop the disease in its tracks and save mothers, grandmothers, daughters, sisters and friends. Universal Medical Data, a medical identification jewelry and personal health record company with a dedication to saving lives, has silicone USB bracelets and silicone sports bands, all in the color pink. For the month of October, purchase any of our pink medical alert bracelets and we will donate 15% of all proceeds to Susan G. Komen for the Cure!
Universal Medical Data has been providing life-saving medical alert bracelets and personal health records to patients across the country, with a wide selection of fashionable and functional designs to choose from. Contact Universal Medical Data online (http://www.universalmedicaldata.com/
For more information on Universal Medical Data, please visit the company’s website, at http://www.universalmedicaldata.com/
About Universal Medical Data
Universal Medical Data provides the most comprehensive integrated system of products and services that provide medical personnel with immediate knowledge of one’s medical conditions.