More and more cash rich countries are joining the race, makes a sharp increase of 3-4% over 2011. Total 2011 receipts were $1.2 trillion, or close to 6 percent of the world's exports of goods and services.
Sweden is the prime member country of the Nordic block, One of the strongest economy in the world, Nordic block ranks 9th among the largest in the world. Their total spending USD 700 billion each year. Over the past ten years, they had a noticeably larger increase in GDP than the average in Western Europe.
Nordic block is the 3rd largest outbound travel market in the world. Swedish outbound market net value is exceeding USD20 billion a year. Per capita tourist spending is highest among Western Europeans.
Why invest in Sweden outbound travel market?
- Sweden is the prime country among Nordic block, 3rd largest outbound market in the world.
- Swedish tourists spend @90% more money than the average European on food, accommodation and sightseeing
- Swedish tourists have 5-6 weeks holidays each year.
- The income level of Swedish is high, and a record-high percentage of income is spent on traveling.
- Swedish tourists are the best tourists in the world in terms of of adaptability to foreign cultures.
- At least 60% of the Swedish people take at least one vacation each year.
Agency, business and regions are looking to increase foreign tourist arrivals, should concentrate in Swedish outbound market. Get in touch with Swedish outbound travel agents and tour operators and start getting more and more Swedish tourists for your agency, business and regions.
World Tourism Business (WTB) publish Sweden outbound travel agent list. The list is available with complete outbound Swedish market research report. To buy the list please visit