From Deadlines FAQs:
This application calculates pretrial and posttrial litigation deadlines for civil cases in Texas state courts. The application takes account of Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays. When a pretrial deadline falls on one of these days, the deadline is calculated as the next preceding day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday. When a posttrial deadline falls on one of these days, the deadline is calculated as the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday.
B. Legal Holidays
This application includes the following national and state holidays. See Tex. Gov't Code § 662.003.
* January 1 (New Year's Day)
* January 19 (Confederate Heroes Day)
* Third Monday in January (MLK Day)
* Third Monday in February (President's Day)
* March 2 (Texas Independence Day)
* April 21 (San Jacinto Day)
* Last Monday in May (Memorial Day)
* June 19 (Emancipation Day in Texas)
* July 4 (Independence Day)
* August 27 (Lyndon Baines Johnson Day)
* First Monday in September (Labor Day)
* November 11 (Veteran's Day)
* Fourth Thursday in November (Thanksgiving Day)
* The Friday after Thanksgiving Day
* December 24 (Christmas Eve)
* December 25 (Christmas Day)
* December 26 (day after Christmas Day)
C. About the Deadlines
This application includes pretrial deadlines on the assumption that the discovery period ends 30 days before trial. See Tex. R. Civ. P. 190, especially Tex. R. Civ.P. 190.3(b)(1). The application includes posttrial deadlines for ordinary civil appeals plus the special deadlines for accelerated appeals which include appeals where parental rights have been terminated.
Nothing in this application is intended to constitute legal advice. The application determines pretrial and posttrial deadlines depending on user input and under the rules and limitations listed. Local practice determines whether the courts are open on other holidays.
For more information about VernerBrumley Family Law, visit http://www.vernerbrumley.com
For more information about VernerLegal, visit http://www.vernerlegal.com