The winning clips in various categories – such as music, sports, movies, Carson sketches, and more – let the fans and general public relive some of the best memories in television entertainment. Voting took place over the past 50 days as part of several countdown activities on the Here’s Johnny Facebook app page (http://facebook.com/
The Top 10 Carson Moments are (in no particular order):
• Best Sketch: “Betty White and Johnny Carson as Adam and Eve” – Johnny Carson and Betty White appear as a divorcing Adam and Eve in this Mighty Carson Art Players Skit on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in 1979.
• Best Civilian Moment: “Johnny Eats a Prized Potato Chip” –– Myrtle Young came on in 1987 to show off her collection of prized potato chips that resemble objects, shapes, people, fruit, animals, etc. When Johnny munches on a regular potato chip, she nearly falls out of her chair thinking he snacked on one from her valuable collection!
• Best Movie Star Moment: “Jimmy Stewart Reads a Poem about His Dog Beau” –– In classic Jimmy Stewart style, he reads a touching poem about his dog to Johnny and the audience, that brings everyone to tears, in 1981.
• Best Stand-Up Comedy Moment: “Andy Kaufman Does His Elvis Impression” – In Andy Kaufman’s first performance on The Tonight Show in 1977, he does an impeccable impression of the legendary Elvis Presley that gets the audience riled up, Elvis style.
• Best TV Star Moment: “Michael Landon Pranks Johnny Carson” – A dinner menu with very special “feline” items brings a “You ran over the cat at the restaurant” joke full circle when Johnny and Michael tell the story of a time they dined together back in 1991.
• Best Music Moment: “Johnny Does a Duet with Julio Iglesias” – Julio Iglesias and Johnny Carson as Willie Nelson perform a parody of the song "To All the Girls I've Loved Before" in 1984.
• Best Carnac Moment: “Sis Boom Bah” – Johnny Carson as Carnac the Magnificent predicts the question to the answer in a sealed envelope. For more classic Carnac moments, download the “Carnac the Magnificent”
• Best Classic Carson Moment: “Ed Ames Teaches Johnny Carson to Throw a Tomahawk” – The actor best known for playing Daniel Boone gives Johnny some pointers on tossing the weapon, but doesn’t quite get the results he wanted.
• Best Animal Act: “Johnny Jumps into Ed’s Arms” – A close encounter with a cheetah sends Johnny across the stage into the arms of his friend!
• Best Sports Moment: “Johnny Carson Dons a Don King Wig” – Don King explains how he got his hair style and Johnny joins in on the fun.
For 30 years as the host of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, Carson delivered hysterical monologues, welcomed megastars to his couch, and introduced the world to new talent. These video clips from the show are possible to watch today because of the 2010 digitization of 3,300 hours of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. Carson Entertainment Group had the content digitized and archived to a licensing website accessible to the media and production industry, where show content is searchable by key words. Segments have been used in feature films and commercials.
Today, everyone can relive the many classic bits from Carson with the “Here’s Johnny TV Trivia game” on Facebook and “Carnac the Magnificent”
To play the “Here’s Johnny TV Trivia Game,” go to http://facebook.com/
For more on the “Carnac the Magnificent”
For more information on Johnny Carson, visit www.johnnycarson.com.
For more information on MediaMine, visit www.media-mine.com.