The You’ve been Sentenced! word game uses pentagon-shaped cards with conjugations of funny words, famous names, and familiar places. Each player uses his or her hand of 10 cards to build a grammatically correct sentence, racing the other players while also trying to score the most points per round. Sentences also have to be justifiable in meaning, making players use both creativity and common sense.
You’ve been Sentenced! has a proven track record of success in the classroom and is used for language arts students aged 8+ worldwide. According to Vincent of DGA, “This particular game is great for teaching kids proper sentence structure. Since the cards are random, they’ll also need to “make do” with the words that they’ve been given.”
Ranking 4th on the list, You’ve been Sentenced! was joined by game stalwarts like Chess, Ingenious, Clue: The Great Museum Caper, Jumbulaya, Word on the Street, Got It!, Komodo, Pandemic and Tetris.
In addition to the Top 10 Educational Games distinction, the You’ve been Sentenced! word game has been honored with the following industry prestigious awards:
• Parent Tested Parent Approved Award
• George Lucas Educational Foundation's Edutopia magazine, Hot Media for Educators
• MENSA Society's Parenting for High Potential magazine, Resource Roundup Pick
• Scholastic Instructor Magazine Teachers Pick Best of 2009
• Creative Child Magazine, Seal of Excellence
• Dr. Toy Best Products
• Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, Gold Seal Award
For more information about McNeill Designs, its products, and people, or to request a media sample, please contact Susan McNeill at 302-478-2757 or visit www (dot) McNeillDesigns (dot) com.