PRLog - Oct. 1, 2012 - PITTSFIELD, Mass. -- The Housatonic Project Viewer allows users, at a fraction of the cost of Microsoft Project, to view, filter, share and print plans created in any version of MS Project (MPP files).
New features and enhancements of particular note include:
Team Planner View - Team members can now view the team's assignments
across the entire project time frame.
Support for Password Protected MPP - The Housatonic Project Viewer is the
only viewer that allows users to view MS Project 2010 password protected MPP files.
Open MPP Files from Google Drive, Office 365 or a URL – Users can read,
view or print Microsoft Project files stored on Google Drive or other internet/cloud location.
Officially Certified by Microsoft to Run on Windows 7 - Housatonic Project
Viewer is the only project viewer on the market that has been tested and certified by Microsoft to run on the Windows 7 Platform.
With the release of SP2, Housatonic Project Viewer continues to lead the way for project teams looking for the widest range of features and capabilities. See below for complete release notes for the Housatonic Project Viewer SP2.
Best Viewer At An Even Better Price For a limited time, Housatonic is bringing back its popular $10 offer. Timed to coincide with the release of SP2, new customers as well as existing customers wishing to upgrade or expand their user install base, may purchase the Housatonic Project Viewer
for $10 per license. Special pricing is also available on unlimited or enterprise licensing.
For more information or to purchase the Housatonic Project Viewer, visit
www.ProjectViewerCentral.com and click on the $10 sale icon.
For more information about Housatonic Project Viewers, visit
Complete Release Notes For Housatonic Project Viewer 2010 SP2
• New Team Planner View added
• Support for MS Project 2010 password protected files
• “Open MPP from Google Drive” implemented
• Microsoft Certification for compatibility with Windows 7
• “Open MPP from Internet URL” implemented
• Improved Resource Pool support
• Better time-phased data reading and processing
• Improved Grid style display
• Greatly improved Drawing Objects support
• Support for MPP saved in MSP2010 as other older formats
• Various open fixes for all MPP formats
• Support for loading of Subprojects with Subprojects
• Support for Drag and Drop of projects over PV application icon
• Improved Autofilter
• Better support for interactive filters
• Improved notes read and process
• Support for percent (%) complete of assignments
• Find option on Usage views
Housatonic provides project management solutions that power collaboration and empower team members. Housatonic's flagship products, used widely across almost every sector of the global economy, are its Project Viewers (stand alone and serverbased)
The Housatonic Project Viewers allow businesses and enterprises to provide
access to project plans created in any version of MS Project to team members, customers and collaborators in the most affordable, user-friendly way.
“Procore customers utilize Project Viewer on a daily basis to provide them
with visibility into their project schedules to ensure that tasks are being completed on time. With Project Viewer, Procore seamlessly integrates with all versions of MS Project, making it extremely useful for people working out in the field to stay connected with their office team.
Supervisors, subcontractors, and architects alike can view, read, and
share their schedules while on the job site without having to have MS
Project installed on their computer.”
- Gabe Miller-Smith, Director of Clients Services, Procore Technologies Inc.
Housatonic Software is dedicated to continuing to develop and provide powerful, costconscious solutions for project managers and their teams. For more information about Housatonic, visit www.housatoinc.com.
Housatonic Software, Inc. / telephone 413.822.5675 / www.housatonic.com