To qualify for this award, the nominee must demonstrate strong leadership within the industry, including services to WIFS and other organizations, on both national and local levels; have made a significant contribution to supporting, encouraging, and advancing other women in the insurance and financial services industry; and be a current member of WIFS for a minimum of three years.
After recognizing the strong need for a local organization built to motivate, inspire, encourage, share ideas, and mentor other women in the industry; Dixon co-founded the Utah chapter of WIFS in early 2009, with the financial support of the President/CEO of Intermountain Financial Group, the Utah agency of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual)
“I am delighted and honored that I was nominated for this prestigious award by my peers,” stated Dixon. “I have loved building relationships with these women, while celebrating our many successes, and working through our few disappointments. Utah WIFS has been a tremendous group to be a part of.”
Dixon has worked in the financial services industry the past 11 years with Intermountain Financial Group, under the leadership of Todd Reid, JD, CLF. “Amber has been instrumental in our company’s community involvement, recognition, and marketing efforts on a local and national level,” Reid said. “We are proud of her for being recognized as a person who is making a difference in our company and the financial services community.”
Dixon currently serves as President of the Utah WIFS board, VP of Trustees of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Utah Chapter, Chair of the Workforce Development Committee (WDC) as part of the Salt Lake Chamber, and on the marketing and communications committee for the Utah Women and Education Initiative (UWEI). Dixon also served as an event judge at the International DECA Career Development Conference in 2012.
A celebration gala will be held at the WIFS National Conference in Atlanta, GA in October where Dixon will be recognized as a nominee.
To learn more about the Utah Chapter of WIFS, contact Sheila Leeds, VP of Membership, at 801-698-5110, firstname.lastname@example.org, or find them on FaceBook and LinkedIn under Utah WIFS. For national information, visit http://www.wifsnational.org.
As the preeminent professional organization for women in the financial services industry, Women in Insurance & Financial Services (WIFS) is dedicated to attracting capable women to the financial services sector, helping them develop their talents and advancing them toward their fullest potential. They celebrated their 75th anniversary in 2011.
About Intermountain Financial Group:
For more than 150 years, local residents and businesses rely on Intermountain Financial Group (http://www.intermountainfinancialgroup.com) to help them secure their financial futures. The company significantly impacts Utah’s economy as seen in the numbers below (as of December, 2011):
• More than 13,800 policyholders and clients1
• Servicing over $740 million in assets2
• Over $3.9 billion in life insurance coverage in force3
• Over $21 million of life insurance benefits (claims) paid4
• More than $8 million in dividends to whole life policyholders5
The company has been in awarded the national Sloan When Work Works award in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008, as well as the Work/Life Award by the Utah Department of Workforce Services in 2011, 2010, 2008 and 2007 naming them one of Utah’s best places to work. The company currently has offices in Salt Lake City, Utah and St. George, Utah.
* * *
*Securities and investment advisory services offered through qualified registered representatives of MML Investors Services, LLC. member SIPC. (Salt Lake City Agency – 6340 S. 3000 E., Suite 500, SLC, UT 84121 – (801) 943-6277)
MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual)
Insurance offered through MassMutual and other fine companies.
1. An insured, owner, or payer of a MassMutual policy or contract.
2. Includes values of MassMutual and subsidiary insurance companies’ insurance and retirement products and investment products offered through MML Investors Services, LLC, a MassMutual subsidiary.
3. Amount of individual life insurance in force as of 12/31/11 related to products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company.
4. Amount of individual life insurance claims paid from 1/1/11 to 12/31/11 related to products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company.
5. The amount of dividends to whole life policyholders in 2011.
*Not practicing on behalf of MML Investors Services, LLC