Established by a committee of Plante Moran staff members in 2007, the mission of Plante Moran Cares is to connect staff with volunteer opportunities that increase the well-being of individuals in their local communities.
By fostering personal participation and interaction, PM Cares aims to share the firm’s longstanding “We Care” mission with its local communities and with each other.
“The emphasis of PM Cares is on activities that meet immediate community needs,” Managing Partner Gordon Krater said. “With PM Cares, staff members are encouraged to take part in volunteer activities that impact where they live and work. This year’s literacy focus is particularly meaningful for Plante Moran because we understand the critical link between reading, education, and business’ need to have access to a talented and skilled workforce.”
The literacy organizations supported by PM Cares will receive volunteer support as well as fundraising efforts. The following organizations have been selected by the PM Cares team:
• Ann Arbor –Washtenaw Literacy Council
• Auburn Hills, MI – Oakland Literacy
• Chicago –Literacy Volunteers of Illinois
• Cleveland – Project Learn
• Cincinnati – Literacy Network
• Columbus – Columbus Literacy Council
• East Lansing – Capital Area Literacy Coalition
• Flint – Genesee County Literacy Coalition
• Grand Rapids – Literacy Center of West Michigan
• Kalamazoo – Kalamazoo Literacy Council
• Macomb, MI – Macomb Literacy Partners
• Northwest Chicago – The Literacy Connection
• Southfield – Siena Literacy Center
• St. Joseph, MI – Schools of Hope
• Toledo – Read for Literacy
• Traverse City –Grand Traverse Area Literacy Council
Previous Plante Moran Cares initiatives include: Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Quilts for Kids, Support Our Troops, food banks and domestic violence.
About Plante Moran
Plante Moran (www.plantemoran.com)