October Is All About Jazz! The Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa's Fireplace Lounge
Celebrate Jazz at the Fireplace Lounge This October!
Monterey, Calif. –– The Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa located at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey offers music stylings during October, at the Fireplace Lounge! Jazz is in the air so join us for local favorites such as George Young and Mayumi.
All jazz events at the Fireplace Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa are complimentary. Jazz times are 7:00 pm on Friday and Saturday. Stop by and enjoy live jazz, a glass of award winning Monterey County wine and great appetizers and wood fired pizzas.
• Friday and Saturday, Oct 5 -6 - New York City Vibraphonist Mark Sherman! Sherman makes a rare West Coast appearance -- from Liza Minelli to Sting, his vibe sound can be heard on many famous artists' tracks. He is joined by Eddie Mendenhall organ, and David Morwood drums.
• Friday, Oct 12 - Gary Meek - from touring with Al Jerreau to Dionne Warwick this LA studio musician plays jazz standards to pop and R&B, with David Morwood drums
• Saturday, Oct 13 - Sonny G - endless entertainment with this master of keyboards and vocals, from jazz to classic Elvis to swing and beyond! music for dancing, dining, or just plain listening by the fireplace with your favorite beverage
• Friday, Oct 19 - Marshall Otwell trio - pianist with the great American vocalist Camen McCrae for years, Otwell also recorded with Dizzy Gllespie with Nat Johnson bass and vocals, and David Morwood drums
• Saturday, Oct 20 - The wonderful vocalist Mayumi, direct from Japan - she has been thrilling audiences and her bandmates since arriving in California! with Bootza Necak bass, David Morwood drums, and Bob Bassa guitar.
• Friday, Oct 26 - Gary Meek – piano
• Saturday, Oct 27 - Sonny G
About Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
Nestled in 22 acres of soaring Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course is a destination resort providing the discerning traveler the quintessential Monterey experience. Its location offers guests close proximity to downtown Monterey and Monterey Airport and easy access to some of the Peninsula’s most well known attractions. With its warm, contemporary ambiance, elegant furnishings and convenient amenities, the hotel offers both leisure and business travelers a Northern California respite of unmatched serenity and comfort. Features include 550 guestrooms including 32 suites, and the President’s house, TusCA Ristorante, Knuckles Sports Bar, Fireplace Lounge, personalized concierge service at the Regency Club, a 2,000 square foot fitness facility, tennis courts, pools and whirlpools, and 12,000 square foot full service luxury spa called Accista Spa. The hotel is located at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey, California. For information call (831) 372-1234 or visit www.hyattregencymonterey.com/