“Getting on HF (high frequency) in today’s economy is very challenging for many, but especially for our youth operators,” said Jeff Demers, owner, Amateur Radio Supplies. “Many youth operators are unable to purchase the needed equipment to get on the air. Here at Amateur Radio Supplies, we want them to experience the joy that has propelled us in this hobby for many decades. Thus, on January 1, 2013, we’ll be doing the first of many station sponsorships to support youth in DXing and contesting.”
Amateur Radio Supplies will give a complete HF (high frequency) station to the selected applicant, including:
• Alinco DX-SR8T/E 160-6m All Mode Transceiver & 30 Amp PS
• LDG AT-100 Pro II Desktop Antenna Tuner
• Choice of Rugged All Band G5RV or HyGain DX-77A Vertical
• 100’ of Premium RG-213 Coax
• Vibroplex Brass Racer Iambic Paddles
• SignaLink USB Sound Card for Digital Modes
• Heil Pro Set Plus Headset
Applicants from any country under the age of 21 are invited to provide brief answers to the following three questions, as well as their name, call sign, and license class, online at http://www.amateurradiosupplies.com/
1. How often are you able to operate on the HF bands?
2. Where (what QTH) do you typically operate from?
3. How do you intend to use the equipment provided?
Nominations will also be accepted. If you know of a deserving youth, please email Randy Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Amateur Radio Supplies
Founded in 2012, Amateur Radio Supplies provides a full line of gear, including antennas, transceivers, coax, antenna wires and countless station accessories. Amateur Radio Supplies was founded in order to provide amateur radio operators with the supplies they need to pursue their passion – ham radio. Amateur Radio Supplies, www.amateurradiosupplies.com, offers low prices and a full selection of tools and station supplies, baluns, antenna wires and more.