This report considers direct expansion air conditioning units for use in residential and small commercial premises.
• Product technology: units are designed to change and regulate air temperature in enclosed areas through cooling or heating the air. The systems make use of direct thermal exchange between the external environment and the refrigerant.
• Purpose: in residential premises, air conditioning units are used for cooling and dehumidifying the air in spring and summer, and as a source of heating in autumn and winter. In commercial spaces and the tertiary sector, in addition to regulating temperatures they are also employed to create optimum air flows in enclosed spaces.
• Client groups: the leading clients of suppliers of air conditioning units are sanitary ware / plumbing wholesalers, distributors of technical electric goods, large retail chains, specialist household goods and consumer electronics retailers, and small and medium sized companies that install plumbing and electrical products.
Direct expansion air conditioning units can be separated into two main categories:
portable: systems that can be transported from one place to another. There are two types:
• in two sections (including an external unit);
fixed installations, these require the installation of one or more internal splits linked to an external unit. There are three types of internal unit:
• wall mounted;
• ground/ shelf-mounted;
• ceiling/ cassette units.
Fixed air conditioning units can also be classified according to other technical characteristics:
• single split: with just one internal unit;
• Systems with heat pumps: these have the capacity to reverse the cooling cycle and work as heaters;
• VRF (variable refrigerant flow): these are systems with variable refrigeration, with a single external unit that can power 50/60 internal units independently for each space.
The following products are excluded from this analysis:
• roof-top systems, wardrobe systems and other centralised air conditioning systems, which use water as the intermediary cooling liquid (refrigeration units, hydronic systems),. Such units are covered in a separate Databank report;
• industrial air conditioning and refrigeration systems, which regulate the temperatures of machinery and workspace used in industrial processes;
• air conditioning and refrigeration systems in the automobile sector;
• special refrigerators and air conditioning units for the food industry.
Databank’s methodology for Competitors reports begins with a careful screening to identify the main organisations that are representative of a given sector. Several one-to-one interviews are then conducted with the selected organisations. Questionnaires are sent to all the leading companies on an annual basis. The information collected is then verified by an expert in the particular sector using a system of counterchecks to guarantee that the information is entirely reliable and consistent. The process is then completed using Cerved Group’s proprietary information about Italian enterprises. All Competitors reports also include details concerning the strategies and performances of the leading companies in each sector.
For more information kindly visit :
Report on Direct Expansion Air Conditioning Units in Italy
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/