The medical team at MRSA-UV™ insists that combining short term ultraviolet light exposure (UVC) along with a single 2-year antimicrobial surface coating (PCO) is a logical and extremely inexpensive final step for achieving a totally sanitized room. Following terminal cleaning these dual treatments of UVC and pre-applied PCO can quickly render any room safe and ready for re-occupancy. Recent studies indicate that manual hospital room cleaning can easily miss over 50% of life threatening microbes. “Treating these last microbes that terminal room cleanings miss is critical, otherwise reinfections will be the norm,” says Dr. George Seidenberg.
MRSA-UV’s low-cost Total Room UV Sanitizer (Helix 450XL™) along with a single application of their 2-year antimicrobial PCO surface coating (PCO RoomMister™) react synergistically with one another and can quickly deactivate and exterminate most all remaining pathogens. Whether in operating rooms, emergency rooms, patient rooms, ICU and waiting rooms, nursing homes, schools, labs, hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, ambulances or anywhere contagious pathogens may be an issue; this final coup de grace must be dealt (UVC/PCO application)
UVC and PCO self-cleaning surfaces are completely safe, totally “green” and extremely effective antimicrobials when used alone but when used together they produce a powerful antimicrobial “shock”. Studies all show that UVC and PCO combined will have far reaching implications for ending healthcare and hospitality acquired infections due to contaminated surfaces and air alike.
The synergistic effects of combined UVC and PCO (photocatalytic oxidation) application:
1. Combined long term antimicrobial protection (PCO) and immediate microbial destruction (UVC)
2. PCO reduces UVC exposure time necessary to destroy microbes – resulting in faster room turnover
3. UVC and PCO together produce a significantly higher antimicrobial log reduction rate
4. PCO reduces fluence rate (intensity) of UVC required for destroying dangerous microbes
5. UVC produces a greater “kill rate” in shadowed areas when applied to PCO coated surfaces
6. When used together UVC becomes effective on all surfaces including fabrics and textiles
7. PCO also protects textiles, furniture and medical equipment from any UVC effects
8. Dissapates volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions from manual room cleaning solutions
By George Seidenberg, M.D., PhD., and Chris Chilvers, BS, MT