With lush manicured grounds and a picturesque lakefront, The Abbey continues to offer fall activities that evoke the essence of the season. From pumpkin crafts to haunted hayrides, the changing season is center stage at this iconic Lake Geneva treasure.
“Autumn is simply magical at The Abbey,” said David Lindelow, general manager of The Abbey Resort & Spa. “We are inspired by this exquisite time of year to add even more fall-themed activities to our repertoire. As the leaves brighten and the wind starts to chill, The Abbey is bursting with activities perfect for the whole family to enjoy.”
The Abbey Resort will offer an array of events, activities and specials this fall season including:
• Crafts Under Canvas: Starting Sept. 14, create unique gifts under a family tent outside on The Abbey’s lawn complete with all of the fixings for fall crafts including lava lamps, pumpkin painting and more.
• Abbey After Dark: Spend an enchanting evening stargazing on the Abbey West End Lawn to view celestial objects through a telescope beginning Sept. 14.
• Columbus Day Weekend: From Oct. 5-8 sail into The Abbey for the holiday weekend to celebrate the historic voyage of 1492. Family friendly activities include Christopher Columbus Cardboard Boat Races, Passport Scavenger Hunts and a Disc Golf Tournament with prizes awarded.
• Halloween Spooktacular:
• Feel Fabulous for Fall: Guests are invited to revitalize their mind and body with The Abbey’s following spa specials valid every Monday through Thursday now through Nov. 30. Feel Fabulous for Fall includes a 50 minute Reflexology Massage priced at $110, regularly $135, the 25-minute Avani Scrub priced at $50, regularly $65 and the Aqua Embrace with a Moroccanoil take home gift priced at $65, regularly $85. For a full spa experience, guests can luxuriate in the Head to Toe Deluxe Package that includes a 50-minute Relaxation Massage, a Custom Facial and an Avani Pedicure priced at $225, regularly $300. The Avani Feel Fabulous for Fall spa specials cannot be combined with any other discounts.
• Uncorked Series Continues: The Uncorked series continues Oct. 26 with the second event, “The Essence of Paso Robles,” and winemaker Robert Hall will be in attendance for this evening of dinner and libations. Tickets cost $65 per person and include a pre-dinner wine reception with the wine maker. The third event takes place Nov. 15 and 17 with Beaujolais Nouveau. Based out of the wine harvest in Beaujolais, France and literally meaning “New Beaujolais,”
• Seasonal Room Rates: Join The Abbey Resort for an escape to the lake to enjoy the beauty of the season! The Abbey is proud to bring back one of its most popular packages, the Bed and Breakfast Package, beginning at $95 per person which includes Avani Spa admission, discounted services (Mon – Fri) and breakfast in Fontana Grill.
To make a reservation or to learn more about fall fun at The Abbey, please visit www.theabbeyresort.com or call 800-709-1323.
More About The Abbey Resort
Located just 80 miles from downtown Chicago and 50 miles from Milwaukee, The Abbey Resort & Spa is a treasured icon, nestled on 90 acres of beautifully manicured grounds. Totally renovated in 2005, it is the only full-service resort on the shores of Lake Geneva. The resort boasts a breath-taking setting, award-winning dining and banquet facilities, nearby championship golf courses and a wide range of outdoor activities. That only scratches the surface of all the activities and offerings that The Abbey Resort has; with impeccable customer service, the team at The Abbey Resort can meet the needs of the guests and meeting planners. The 35,000-square-
The Abbey Resort & Spa is managed and operated by Hostmark Hospitality Group of Schaumburg, Ill. For more information, please visit http://www.theabbeyresort.com or join The Abbey Resort on Facebook and Twitter at http://www.facebook.com/