The MBE certification is the most widely recognized certification for minority-owned businesses in the United States. To receive MBE certification, a company must be at least 51 percent owned, operated and controlled by an ethnic minority U.S. citizen and undergo a stringent review process.
LAI International's certification was granted Aug. 20 by the board of directors of the Grand Canyon Minority Supplier Development Council through criteria established by the National Minority Supplier Development Council. RLJ Equity Partners had expanded its investment in LAI International to a full ownership position in February.
“We're honored to receive MBE certification, which helps us build a strong platform to expand new business opportunities,”
LAI will be listed in a national database, which can be accessed by all 37 regional minority-purchasing councils and thousands of corporations and businesses across the country.
About LAI International, Inc.
LAI International, Inc. is a leading contract manufacturer of make-complete precision-engineered components and assemblies for aerospace, power generation, defense, medical and other advanced technology industries. The company’s technology, engineering and manufacturing solutions are used to build components for airframes, aircraft engines, power generators, defense systems, medical devices and other industrial applications.
LAI has developed strategic relationships with leading global OEMs and operates five U.S. manufacturing facilities, with locations in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Tucson, Westminster, Md., and Scarborough, Maine — all of which are IS0 9001:2008 and AS9100 certified. The company also offers Nadcap-certified conventional and non-conventional machining processes.
LAI has developed innovative applications in advanced machining processes, including waterjet cutting and drilling, laser cutting, drilling, welding and heat-treating, EDM drilling, CNC EDM, high-speed EDM, conventional CNC machining, five-axis CNC machining and precision five-axis grinding. The company also provides gage calibration, tooling production, air-flow inspection and additional manufacturing services.
LAI International is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise.
For more information, see www.LAIco.com.
Quick Facts about LAI International
- Five U.S. manufacturing facilities: Phoenix, Tucson, Minneapolis, Westminster, Md., and Scarborough, Maine
- Corporate headquarters located in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Founded in 1979
- ISO 9001 | AS9100 | Nadcap certified
- ACE Corporate Excellence Award, four-time winner, 2008-11
- Arizona Manufacturers Council's Outstanding Small-to-Medium Manufacturer of the Year, 2011
- Boeing Performance Excellence Award, 2010
- GE Customer Impact of the Year Award winner
- Lockheed Martin Corporate STAR Supplier
- Northrop Grumman Platinum Source Preferred Supplier, four-time winner, 2008-11
- Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private U.S. company, five-time award winner, 2007-11