Check it before starting the whole unit according to the following steps:
(1) The pump should be placed on a firm foundation and tighten the anchor bolts to bear the full weight of the pump, eliminate vibration,;
(2) Pipeline valve should have its own support frame, and should support the valve. Take care of the pump flange seal point, the connecting bolts should not be too tight or you may damage the seal point;
(3) rotate the shaft according to the pump rotation direction. When the shaft rotates, there should not be friction, otherwise adjust the impeller clearance;
(4) Check the motor rotation to ensure the rotation of the pump according to the direction of the arrow marked on the pump body. The absolute prohibition of reversal;
(5) For direct drive type, pump shaft and motor shaft should be centered precisely; For belt drive, pump shaft and motor shaft should be paralleled, and adjust the position of sheaves to make it vertical with slot, so as not to cause a severe vibration and wear;
Shaft Seal check
(6) Shaft Seal check: check the seal water, the water pressure.
Seal water pressure and flow should be checked regularly. Timely adjust the packing gland or replace the packing, to ensure that there is always a small amount of clean water through the shaft.
Check the function of the bearing assembly regularly.
The pump can be stopped after clean water pumped into to clean the slurry in it, and then followed with shutting down pumps, gates, shaft seal water and bearing body cooling water.