Delegates will discover, for example, how energy can become a controllable operating expense and learn to manage it, to achieve significant savings, affecting all other parts of a business and the bottom line.
Local and overseas energy efficiency speakers, with practical experience, will share their best practices and case studies. The keynote presentation will focus on how Energy Efficiency as a business opportunity could arise by increasing productivity and reducing cost. It would also cover the importance of having a system for managing energy to achieve improvements at all levels. Apart from insightful presentation by the respective experts, there will also be an associated exhibition featuring a range of energy efficient industrial technologies, practices and solutions.
The Energy Efficiency National Partnership (EENP) Awards Ceremony will be presented at the opening of the NEEC in the evening of 18 September 2012. During the awards ceremony, corporations and corporate teams will be recognised for their efforts and achievements in excellent energy management practices and in improving energy efficiency.
Two experts will deliver the keynote address:
* Jim Kelly is the Group Vice-President, Head of Global Energy Efficiency business of ABB, where energy efficiency is recognized as a central driver of growth for industries, utilities, transportation and buildings. His presentation on “Industrial Energy Efficiency - Doing more with less” will focus on barriers, opportunities and success stories of energy efficiency in multiple industries.
* Juan Aguiriano, Worldwide Managing Director of Sustainable Operations for DuPont Sustainable Solutions, is responsible for expanding a consulting practice that leverages real-world experience and proven approaches to help organizations improve and sustain return on operations and assets while reducing the environmental footprint. His presentation on Energy Efficiency - A Sustainability Journey will discuss the specific means through which companies can leverage an energy management system to reduce their energy footprint.
Key case studies, drawing on the practical experience of the speakers from Europe, United States and Asia, will include:
* James Scott Brew, a Principal Architect working in the Built Environment core practice area at Rock Mountain Institute (RMI) has over 28 years of sustainable design experience in historic, commercial, institutional, and residential architecture. His presentation on “Reinventing Fire: Bold Business Solutions for the New Energy Era” will cover competitive strategies which show promising ways to win the clean energy race, not forced by public policy but led by business for durable advantage.
* Paul Westbrook, a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional, is recognized as a leader and speaker in efficiency and whole-system integrated design across the spectrum from residential projects to large industrial facilities. His presentation will show how energy management is currently being carried out in Texas Instruments and how this has helped to drive energy efficiency at TI. This program resulted in a 39% decrease in the energy needed to manufacture a chip over five years (2005-2010).
* Thomas Koch Blank, a Junior Partner with McKinsey's Stockholm office will cover the topic on “Integrated Energy Strategy: How to capture 20%-30% savings in energy”. He will present the case for change for energy efficiency and detail four key drivers of an integrated energy strategy, their corresponding saving estimates and selected case examples.
* Tim Shire has worked at oil industry service company KBC since 2006 in the Energy Services group. As he has managed energy studies projects at LNG and chemicals facilities in Asia, and has wide experience in utility system modelling, pinch analysis and process simulation, he will deliver his topic on “Unlocking Energy and Water Synergies in Petrochemical Clusters to Improve Competitiveness and Sustainability”
* Ng Chye-Ming is currently appointed as Engineering and Maintenance Manager in Total’s Polystyrene manufacturing plant located in Tuas Singapore. With his comprehensive understanding of business from the ground level, he will provide a practical case study on how energy efficiency enhances profitability.
* Robert Pe, a Data Center Consultant with Hewlett Packard, has 21 years of industry experience with his focus specifically on data centres for the last 15 years. His expertise includes the areas of strategic data centre planning, conceptual design, supervision of operations and maintenance of facilities and data centre relocation. His paper covers Data Centre Energy Efficiency - Operating for Optimisation.
This is a learning opportunity not to be missed! Seats are limited! If you are keen to improve energy efficiency in your companies, sign up for the conference now!
For the full conference programme, details of speakers and topics, as well as conference registration, please visit the website: www.neec2012.sg.