What they came up with was Mac OS (short for Mac Operating System) which included a new GUI (graphical user interface ) that would serve as a model for other operating system.
Like Microsoft windows, the Mac OS has gone through a sequence of changes and updates making it more efficient as well as more user-friendly. Initially, the biggest advantage of the Mac OS was the deficiency of command line entry as was required by MS-DOS.
Some problems Mac OS included was limited memory management, unprotected memory, and network conflicts.However, the truth is that the Mac OS offers its users with enhancements features. These features has been used as a basis for other operating-system being designed. These advantages include:
* Color Synchronize which matches printer and screen colors
* A Locater that allows users to search, find, and launch applications
* Plain Talk is a speech program that allows spoken words to control functions on the computer
* Quick Draw that enables you to create pictures on the personal computer
* Quick Time which can handle audio-visual modifying and playback media content over the internet
* True Type which is a font interface that allows fonts to be printed the exact way it looks on your screen
Mac OS is not as popular as Microsoft Windows, but it is still the recommended OS for Mac owners. It has proven to be the groundwork for much of what we see on computer systems today. Without the the Mac OS, we would not have the types of OS that we have today.
For more information visit: http://www.SupremeSearch.net