The “Ride Your Socks Off” event will be on Saturday, October 20th 2012. After the club collection efforts, club members, and any willing volunteers, will meet at Eastside Foursquare Church in Bothell WA. These cyclists will then take the donated socks, via pedal power, 20 miles (each way) to the Seattle UGM Men’s Shelter in downtown Seattle. At this time the club will also be presenting the UGM with a donation check for the amount of money raised during the 2012 cycling season through sponsorships and sales of team items.
Your support, in the form of sock donations or ride participation is greatly appreciated. All are welcome to join on the ride on October 20th. The club asks that if you join, simply bring your bike, a helmet, some socks to donate, and a willingness to participate in the cause of reaching out to the less fortunate in the Seattle area. Volunteers may be required to sign a liability waiver to participate at the time of the ride.
OFFICIAL SOCK DROP DONATIONS LOCATIONS:
- All Western Washington Bellevue Healthcare locations - www.bellevuehealthcare.com
- InHealth Sports Injury & Performance Care- 4915 25th Avenue NE Seattle, WA 98105
- Center Cycle- 3950 Lind Avenue Southwest Renton, WA 98057
- Eastside Foursquare Church- 14520 100th Avenue Northeast Bothell, WA 98011
- MFG Cyclocross races- Sept. 9th Kenmore, Sept. 23rd Sammamish, Oct. 6th Redmond
The International Christian Cycling Club is a 25 year old organization that is represented in 14 countries and has chapters (spokes) in over 12 states in the US. The Washington/Seattle spoke was started in 2002 and was “re-started”