Manufacturers including Frigidaire, General Electric, Maytag and Whirlpool shortened their warranties on many major appliances from 2-3 years to only one year. Extended appliance warranties were also adjusted.
Some appliance manufacturers insist that these changes benefit the consumer by making warranties simpler. Simplified terms, improved product quality and after-sales care are some of the benefits they claim. Kirt Harrison agrees with consumers who are confused by this claim and realize the bottom line … they are getting less coverage for the same price!
Here are some tips Kirt shares with his customers to get more (or lose less) from shrinking appliance warranties:
• Purchase appliances with a credit card that offers product insurance
• Look into purchasing extended warranty but be sure you understand the terms and coverage
• Read the instruction manual to learn how to properly maintain the appliance to increase longevity and maintain maximum performance. Some appliance maintenance tasks such as furnace cleaning should be handled by a licensed and qualified contractor.
• Have new appliances installed by a qualified professional
• Always have appliance repair performed by a certified and qualified appliance service technician
To learn more about this Ann Arbor Michigan area Appliance Repair firm, visit: http://www.annarborappliancerepair.com
About Harrison Appliance Inc.:
Kirt Harrison and Allyssa Brown operate Harrison Appliance Inc. Since 1989, their trained technicians have provided appliance repair and the technicians have an average of over 15 years experience in repairing appliances. Types of repair include: washer repair, dryer repair, oven repair, range repair, refrigerator repair, freezer repair, garbage disposal repair, and dishwasher repair. Harrison Appliance Inc. provides service for well over a dozen and a half appliance brands.
Harrison Appliance Inc.
3030 S. Wayne Road
Wayne, Michigan 48184
Phone: (800) 367-7199
Submitted By: Right Now Marketing Group, LLC