The Congress will feature special presentations with more research centric approaches. These speakers include:
• Fred Lee, Author, If Disney Ran Your Hospital: 9 ½ Things You Would Do Differently
• Jay Arthur, Author, Lean Six Sigma for Hospitals
• BJ Fogg, PhD, Founder & Director, Behavior Design Lab at Stanford University
• Dr. Scott Diering, Author, Love Your Patients! Improving Patient Satisfaction with Essential Behaviors That Enrich the Lives of Patients and Professionals
• John Kenagy, Author, Designed to Adapt: Leading Healthcare in Challenging Times.
• Catherine Maley, Author, Your Aesthetic Practice; What Your Patients Are Saying
• Marc Fetscherin, Associate Professor, Rollins College; Fellow, Harvard University
• Sharon Kleefield, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School
• Simon Hudson, Professor, University of South Carolina
• David Reisman, Professor of Economics, Nanyang Technological University
THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE BUYERS
The MTA has invited experts who deal directly with patients to give insights into healthcare system and the motivations behind the patients leaving that region to seek healthcare elsewhere. The regions/countries that will be examined this year include, the Caribbean/Islands, Africa, Middle East/Gulf States, Russia/CIS countries, Latin America, China and Europe.
• Cornelius De Weever, Minister of Public Health Social Development & Labor, Government of St. Maarten
• Dennis Clarke, General Secretary, National Union of Public Workers – Barbados
• Dr. Kevin Bowe, Deputy Director/VP-
• Sharon Clarke, Assistant General Manager of the Life Division, Insurance Corporation of Barbados
• Cawe Mahlati, Owner, Sebilo Resources (South Africa)
• Dr. Mays Al Saffar, VP HR & Administration, Murdoch University in Dubai
• Saif AlJaibeji, CEO, Institute of HealthCare Research
• Paula Hall, Healthcare Management-Global Consultant, Kleos Healthcare Company (Kuwait)
• Dr. Paata Ratiani, Founder, “medtourgeorgia”
• Robert DiCianni, Senior Vice President, Pan-American Life Insurance Group
• Jeffrey Chen, Executive Director | Insurance & Benefit, Insupro (China)
• Breckon Jones, Director Health & Benefits EMEA, American Express Services Europe
As globalizations continues to progress, companies are expanding their workforce to multiple countries. Through the integration with the 3rd Global Benefits Conference, attendees in the medical tourism industry can gain great insight. Confirmed speakers for the 3rd Global Benefits Conference include:
• Gen Barron, Sr. Manager Global Wellness, Medtronic
• Tami Graham, Director of Global Benefits Design, intel
• Doug Carl, Director of Benefits, Teleflex Incorporated
• Eiji Nakagawa, Director, Global Benefits, Colgate-Palmolive
• Aimee Furness, Sr. Marketing Executive, vielife
• Elizabeth Fields, Regional Director, Generali Employee Benefits, The Americas
• Tim Harris, Principal-International Consulting Group, Mercer
• Donald Dowling, Partner-New York, White & Case LLP
• Dr. Myles Druckman, Senior Vice President, Medical Services, International SOS Assistance
• Allen Koski, Vice President, Cigna Global Health Benefits
• Bernie Knobbe, Senior Director of Global Benefits, Yahoo!
• Paul Morter, Business Development Director, Moore Stephens Retirement Solutions Limited
• Sabina Marotta, Vice President Employee Benefits, L-3 Communications Corporation
• Kerry Weinger, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
• David Bryan, Global Benefit Consultant, Xensell, Ltd.
CHANGES TO THE U.S. HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
The healthcare system in the U.S.. is unique and has recently made headlines around the world. There is a steady flow of both inbound and outbound medical tourism, along with an emerging trend of domestic medical tourism. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear experts present interesting case studies relating to the different aspects of the U.S. system.
• Phyllis Borzi, Assistant Secretary for Employee Benefits Security, U.S. Department of Labor
• Peter Carmel, President, American Medical Association
• Kevin McCarty, President, National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
• Randy Moon, VP Benefits/HRIS/
• Jeff Tomschin, Vice President of Human Resources, Phillips Service Industries, Inc.
• Naren Balasubramaniam, President & CEO, GCI Global Healthcare Solutions
• Luis Arango Pardo, International Managing Director, UC San Diego Health System
• Dr. Alejandro Badia, CEO & Founder, International Orthopedic Group ~ Badia Hand to Shoulder Center
• Frank Lasee, State Senator, Wisconsin State Senate
MARKETING BEST PRACTICES
Marketing on a global platform is always a challenge. The Medical Tourism Association™
• Patrick Jordan, Facilitator, Disney Institute
• Dr. Mona Khanna, Medical Contributor, FOX Chicago News
• Carolyn Nye, Director of Digital Interactive Group, USADATA
• Kate O'Neil, CEO, [meta]marketer
• Alex Piper, President, OneWorld Global Healthcare Solutions
• Patrick Goodness, CEO, The Goodness Company: Medical Tourism Marketing
• Dr. Prem Jagyasi, Health Tourism/ Medical Tourism Consultant, DrPrem.com
MEDICAL TOURISM FUNDAMENTALS
The World Medical Tourism Congress is the best place to hear from the seasoned leaders in the industry. From legal issues to accreditation, experts in each field will present the most fundamental information for anyone in the industry.
• Jonathan Edelheit, CEO, Medical Tourism Association
• Bill Ruschhaupt, Chair, Global Patient Services, Cleveland Clinic
• Arthur L. Diskin, MD, FACEP, Vice President and Global Chief Medical Officer, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
• Yehuda Dror, President, DNV Healthcare
• Rajiv Thakkar, MD, MBA, FACP, Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
• Jimmy St. Louis, CEO, Advanced Healthcare Partners
• Emin Çakmak, Founding Chairman, Turkish Healthcare Tourism Development Council
• Bill Cook, Medical Tourism Training Instructor, Medical Tourism Association
• Mohammed Saeme, MD. PhD., International Expert on Maritime Health & Wellness
• Scott Edelstein, Partner, Squire Sanders
• Brad Cook, President, Medical Tours Costa Rica
• Dr. Martin Marianowicz, Medical Director, Privatklinik Jagerwinkel
• Rosanna Moreno, Partner, McMains Moreno Global Consultants, L.L.C.
• Selin Peker, Executive Vice President, Dünyagöz / World Eye Hospitals Group
This is the one event where employers, self funded health plans, insurance companies, government officials and medical tourism facilitators meet with top international hospitals and medical tourism companies network and build strong relationships with key industry partners.
The Congress is the annual event of the Medical Tourism Association™