PRLog - Sep. 12, 2012 - ST. CHARLES, Ill. -- Saint Charles, Illinois - Sculptor Guy J. Bellaver’s bronze relief sculpture "The Arts Together", commissioned by the Batavia High School Class of 1954, has been installed and dedicated at the Batavia (IL) Fine Arts Centre. Go to BellaverStudios.com for an image of the relief and a short video of the installation process.
The Arts Together
Bellaver explains, “The Arts Together is a series of five bronze reliefs designed as five individual panels [to] represent Visual and Performing Arts (vocal music, dance, instrumental music, theater, and the visual arts) – yet each panel is designed to connect visually to the next panel. This connection represents the function of the Fine Arts Centre – to “bring all the arts together under one roof” and connect Batavia’s students and the community at large to each other and to the arts.”
The sculpture was installed and dedicated in July, 2012. Members of the Class of 1954 were joined by Dominic Cattero (Executive Director of the BFAC) and other interested individuals for the dedication. Members of the class talked about the project and how art has impacted their lives, Bellaver explained the evolution of the sculpture’s creation, and Cattero accepted the sculpture on behalf of the BFAC.
The close-knit town of Batavia has embraced the Fine Arts Centre as a major addition to the community’s arts scene, following recent opening of venues such as Water Street Studios, an artists’ studio and gallery in downtown Batavia.
About Guy J. Bellaver and Sculpture:
Mr. Bellaver is a sculptor whose works span many media, including stone, wood, metal and mixed media. His monumental works include major public art and liturgical projects in Geneva, Elgin, and St. Charles, IL, Latrobe, PA, and Boston, MA. Mr. Bellaver’s sculptures appear in the Forest County Potawatomi Cultural Museum, Crandon, WI, Armstrong County, Kittanning, PA, Elgin Community College, Elgin, IL, Kane County Campbell House, Geneva, IL, Heritage Center, St. Charles, IL, Forbes Health System, Pittsburgh, PA, Graphite Sales, Inc., Chagrin Falls, OH, H.J. Heinz International Headquarters, Pittsburgh, PA, Hiram College, Hiram, OH, Indiana University of PA, Indiana, PA, Property Investment Company, Indianapolis, IN, and St. Vincent College, Latrobe, PA, among others. His work is in private collections around the country. Mr. Bellaver is represented by Edgewood Orchard Galleries, Fish Creek [Door County],WI. Mr. Bellaver's entire portfolio may be seen on his web site - BellaverStudios.com.
After his discharge from the U.S. Army, Mr. Bellaver earned a B.A. in Economics from St. Vincent College. He has worked as a sculptor full time since 1975. Mr. Bellaver has taken masters credit classes in art at Carnegie Mellon University, University of Pittsburgh, and NIU, as well as The School of the Art Institute in Chicago. He is a member of CSI and ISC and sits on the Boards of the St. Charles Visitors and Cultural Commission and the St. Charles Arts Council. Mr. Bellaver is a past President of the St. Charles Rotary Club and Foundation and Chairman of the DSCP’s Public Art Committee.
Sculpture is a Registered and Verified Veteran Owned Small Business.