The practical elements of the course will allow theory to be put into practice as a lateral flow test is built; culminating with the end user being able to read this test with BBI’s new Novarum smartphone reader.
The Seminar, taking place on the 2nd and 3rd October in San Diego, incorporates BBI’s understanding of market requirements as well as the available new technologies which are enhancing lateral flow. “We are constantly updating lateral flow technology to improve performance whilst ensuring the cost per test allows for market penetration”
The seminar is designed for professionals involved in the development and manufacture of lateral flow test kits. Scientists, engineers and technicians working in R&D and product development will also benefit. Presentations are by PATH, EMD Millipore, BBInternational and Kinematic.
In more detail, the seminar will cover the following elements, providing an all-encompassing perspective for those working towards development of the best performing assay.
• Contract R&D for lateral flow – design phases, qualitative versus quantitative assays plus regulatory considerations
• Design considerations for lateral flow test strips
• Design for manufacturability
• Membrane technology - manufacturing, properties, testing, storage and handling
• Reagent chemistries and labels of choice for lateral flow
• Antibodies and blockers
• Matrix modules, primer to lab, striping machinery and settings
• Pad materials – important properties and selection
• QC testing considerations – patient samples, characterization
• Contract manufacturing and test validation
• Equipment validation
• NEW Novarum Reader, molecular and future technologies
The event will also provide networking opportunities in the form of a cocktail and canapé reception on the first evening. For more information visit http://www.bbigold.com/