Still, lots of complaints about the iPhone 4S racked Apple support forums and discussions. More so, iPhone 4S owners are now anxious to dump their old iPhone for the next one set to be unveiled on September 12. In fact, a recent study shows that owners of newer iPhone models like the iPhone 4S are ‘extremely likely’ to upgrade to the iPhone 5 within six months of release. In that case, why don’t we give you ten more reasons to finally sell your iPhone for top dollar so you can move on with the (hopefully) better iPhone 5?
1. Battery – Despite the promise of a ‘fantastic battery life’ that spans 8 hours of talk time, owners and even tech experts said the iPhone 4S is actually more power-hungry than all the other iPhone models. But don’t fret because we might see some design changes for battery improvement including a smaller dock, relocated speakers and headset jack and a smaller SIM card slot.
2. Screen – A lot of buyers were shocked to see yellowish spots on their iPhone screens when they unboxed their iPhone 4S. Also, with the proliferation of big-screened smartphones like the Galaxy S3, Apple fans are wondering if there’s hope for a bigger iPhone screen. Well according to reports, the iPhone 5 will have a taller screen with 640 x 1136 resolution.
3. Siri – While Apple’s voice-dependent assistant proved to be one of the major reasons why people loved the iPhone 4S, a lot of users say they have had trouble with the fact that Siri cannot understand strong accents and is not supported internationally. But don’t worry, Apple execs reported that they have been improving Siri for the iOS 6.
4. AT&T Activation – During the first weekend, iPhone 4S buyers reported a lot of difficulties activating their new iPhones caused by network jams on AT&T’s end. Well this year, AT&T has reportedly asked all of its employees to follow an all-hands-on-
5. Sprint Data Speeds – Aside from AT&T, Sprint also had problems with their iPhone customers after numerous complaints about their slow data speeds surfaced a few weeks after the iPhone 4S release. Well, it was Sprint’s first release of the iPhone so no wonder the system was buckling. But the mobile carrier confirmed in April that they will be offering an unlimited no-strings data plan for the iPhone 5!
6. Camera – Sure, we all loved the 8-megapixel camera on the iPhone 4S. But a lot of users have complained that the camera shutter got stuck after taking several pictures. Brace yourself because it looks like Apple is working on the iPhone 5’s camera. There were reports of a patent on a removable rear camera lens and an HD front camera!
7. 3G Connectivity – Tech alphas have said time and again that Apple’s 3G connectivity for the iPhone is getting too old for such a great piece of technology which is why a lot of iPhone users are excited to see if the reports about the 4G connectivity are true. Analysts say it is very probable since we’ve already seen the new iPad’s 4G offering.
8. NFC – Another feature that techies wish to see on the iPhone 4S that didn’t surface during the unveiling is NFC or Near Field Communications which would enable Apple smartphones to act as electronic wallets. And while tech analysts say the idea is farfetched, Apple did announce the Passbook feature during the WWDC 2012.
9. A5 Processor – Fewer people complain about the iPhone’s processors but a lot of us are still hoping for a grander chip inside the iPhone 5. Well some developers say the iPhone 5 could be carrying an A6 chip!
10. Memory – One thing that sets the iPhone apart from other smartphones is that it does not allow expandable memory. It doesn’t have a micro SD card slot and experts are saying that may never ever happen. But we’re hearing reports that the next iPhone will have more RAM and memory capacity.
There are so many things to look forward to on the iPhone 5 courtesy of the abundance of iPhone 5 rumors around the net. Fasten your seatbelts because it’s getting nearer! Whether or not you hate your iPhone 4S, we still encourage you to put it to rest by selling your old iPhone 4S to Cash for iPhones’ free shipping refurbishment services so you can be ready when the iPhone 5 appears!