On the weekend of October 20-21 this year, in excess of 6,000 fitness enthusiasts and professionals are predicted to unite at the world-class Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre for the Expo which was recently awarded a Marketing Excellence Award by the Australian Marketing Institute, in light of the huge response it received in its inaugural year in 2011.
This year’s expo, which is again supported by Fitness Australia, will feature more than 100 exhibitors from various sectors of the fitness and heath industries.
Exhibitor sales are already in excess of last year, with the 2012 event attracting many new high profile exhibitors including Lorna Jane, Australia’s leading fitness fashion brand, GNC Live Well, the world’s largest supplement nutrition retailer, and Michelle Bridges, who will attend as a presenter and exhibitor.
There will also be an abundance of free samples from supplement companies, fitness magazines, and health food retailers such as Chobani Yoghurt and Slim Pasta.
Expo managing director Jason Greenhalgh is expecting a massive response to this year’s event.
“We have seen a large increase in social media interaction including over 6,000 Facebook likes as well as a big increase in exhibitor enquiry and sales, so all the planning is paying off,” Mr Greenhalgh said.
“The event has such a great fit with a city like Brisbane, with our warm climate and outdoor lifestyle and October is the perfect time for people to start getting ready for summer,” he said.
Highlights of the 2012 expo will include:
· Appearances by celebrity fitness expert and trainer from The Biggest Loser, Michelle Bridges – 12 noon both days
· Staging of the inaugural Queensland Fitness Conference at the same venue and on the same dates. Visit: qfitconference.com.au
· Free entry to the expo for all personal trainers and fitness and health industry employees
· Presentation of the inaugural Brisbane Fitness Model Search – featuring 5-time World Natural Fitness Model Champion, Lindy Olsen as a guest judge.
· Elimination rounds and finals of the 2012 Queensland Armwrestling Championships
· Muscle Beach featuring Eastside Strongman, a Bench Press Competition, and plenty of other spectacles.
Exhibition space is still available and any enquiries regarding exhibiting can be made by phoning (07) 3217 9347.
Further information about the 2012 Brisbane Fitness and Health Expo can also be found by visiting brisbanefitnessexpo.com.au
Ticket prices are Adults - $15, Kids Under 15 – FREE, and tickets are available at the door. Fitness professionals – FREE when pre-registered at brisbanefitnessexpo.com.au