The Tucker Maxon School, located in southeast Portland, was founded in 1947 to teach children with impaired hearing. The school offers early intervention, preschool, kindergarten and elementary school programs. All programs feature physical education, music and art.
Tucker Maxon School was in need of a deck to access a vital exit at the school and Parr agreed to make the donation to help the school. Parr has been an avid supporter of the school and its efforts.
We were thrilled to be able to make the donation to help such a fabulous school more accessible to all, said David Hamill, Chief Executive Officer of The Parr Company.
About Tucker Maxon School
The Tucker-Maxon School was founded in 1947 by a Harvard-trained attorney, Paul Boley whose daughter became deaf at the age of 18 months due to meningitis. The Tucker-Maxon School has been ranked among the top schools in the country and valued for its innovative service and dedication to teaching deaf children to speak, laugh and sing! Over the years, Tucker-Maxon has never lost its early spirit of cooperation and contribution.
About The Parr Company
The Parr Company consists of six distinct companies that provide building solutions and services: Parr Lumber Company, Parr Cabinet Outlet, Cascade Wholesale Hardware, NSC, NSCi and Parr Marketing Group.
Established in the Pacific Northwest in 1930 by Dwight Parr, Sr., The Parr Company remains a locally owned family business. Nancy Cranston, Michael Parr and Brad Farmer, grandchildren of the founder, play active roles in The Parr Company and continue the proud family ownership. Headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon, Parr is the 17th largest building material supplier in the nation. Parr operates 38 facilities in Oregon, Washington and Arizona including pro/retail building material yards, contractor focused facilities and cabinet outlets.