Hyatt Carmel Highlands Gingerbread Display to Offer Sweet Temptations
Gingerbread Display Throughout The Month of December
CARMEL, CA – A Holiday Gingerbread Display will take place at the Hyatt Carmel Highlands throughout the month of December. The Hyatt Carmel Highlands Culinary team will be creating a miniature display of the hotel made out of gingerbread. The creation will be on display for all to enjoy at the Sunset Lounge.
Did you know?
• The gingerbread house became popular in Germany after the Brothers Grimm published their fairy tale collection which included "Hansel and Gretel" in the 19th century.
• Early German settlers brought this lebkuchenhaeusle - gingerbread house - tradition to the Americas.
• Hyatt entered the Guiness Book of World Records in 2005 with the world's largest gingerbread man.
• At the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota on November 22, 2006 the largest gingerbread house was constructed in the largest mall in the United States — seven Yankee Stadiums could fit inside the Mall of America! The gingerbread house measured more than 67 feet tall, and it took Pelcher and his team nine days to construct the 1,496-square-
Here are some fun ginger facts:
• Ginger is a spice from Indo- Malaysia.
• The ginger root was believed to sooth an upset stomach or to prevent a cold.
• The English created ginger candy. Two hundred years later, bread crumbs were added to the mixture and gingerbread almost as we know it was born.
• In the middle ages, medieval ladies gave gingerbread cakes to their favorite knights. Different shapes were used for different meanings. The heart was used to ward off evil.
Stop by and celebrate the Holidays at Hyatt Carmel Highlands located at 120 Highlands Drive in Carmel-by-the-
About Hyatt Carmel Highlands, Overlooking Big Sur Coast:
Perched on the hillside of the Carmel Highlands with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, Hyatt Carmel Highlands combines true Carmel luxury with an approachable and sophisticated spirit. A haven for artists and discerning travelers since its opening in 1917, Hyatt Carmel Highlands features 48 luxuriously renovated guestrooms, including 11 suites, 32 Ocean View rooms and 5 Garden View rooms. In addition, Hyatt Carmel Highlands offers spectacular dining at the award-winning Pacific’s Edge restaurant and California Market, 4,800 square feet of meeting space, in-room spa services, heated outdoor swimming pool, three spa tubs and a StayFit fitness facility. Situated only four miles from downtown Carmel, Hyatt Carmel Highlands idyllic setting and personalized service has attracted families, weddings, honeymooners and privileged travelers for nearly a century. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is recognized among the world’s finest hotels as part of Condé Nast Traveler's 2010 Gold List and Travel + Leisure’s 2009 “T+L 500” World’s Best Hotels.www.hyattcarmelhighlands.com.