Oh Solo Mio! October is National Pizza Month!
TusCA Ristorante to Offer Pizza Specials For Lunch Throughout the Month of October and Special Dessert Pizzas!
MONTEREY, CA – TusCA Ristorante at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa Chef Russell Young announced today that October is National Pizza Month. Chef Young created four weeks of special pizzas available for lunch only. Handmade and cooked to perfection in the wood fired stove, the pizza specials will change weekly throughout the month of October. The special pizza selections will be available October 1 – 31 for lunch only and is $15.00 per person includes salad and pizza. Add a glass of house wine for $5.00 per glass at lunch only.
TusCA Ristorante October Gourmet Pizza Specials:
• Week of October 1 Margarita: House cured tomatoes, picked basil, fresh mozzarella, and tomato sauce
• Week of October 8 Mushroom: foraged mushrooms, bel paese alfredo, sage, hazelnuts and truffle oil
• Week of October 14 Sausage and Peppers: Italian sausage, roasted garlic, kale, red peppers and marinara sauce
• Week of October 22 (through the end of the month) Prosciutto and Pear: prosciutto, roasted pear, radicchio, gorgonzola and balsamic reduction
In addition, Chef Young has created a dessert pizza available for lunch and dinner and available throughout the entire month of October. The dessert pizza is $6.00. Enjoy chocolate pizza dough with caramelized peaches and vanilla bean gelato.
Like the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Facebook for weekly pizza promotions and special offerings throughout the month of October.
Did you know:
• National Pizza Month began in 1987.
• The people of America eat around 350 slices of pizza each second, or 100 acres per day.
• Everyone in the United States eats about 23 lbs., or 46 slices, every year.
• Each year in the United States , 3 billion pizzas are sold.
• Children ages 3-11 prefer pizza over all other foods for lunch and dinner, according to a recent Gallup Poll.
• 36 percent of all pizza orders want their pizza topping pepperoni.
• Americans consume around 251,770,000 pounds of pepperonis every year.
• Americans prefer meat toppings to veggie toppings by a ratio of 62 to 100. Women order twice as much vegetable toppings than men.
• Some popular pizza toppings in Japan are squid and Mayo Jaga (mayonnaise, potato and bacon).
• In India they like pickled ginger, minced mutton and tofu. The people of Brazil prefer green peas for their topping. Russians serve pizza covered in mockba (a mix of sardines, tuna, mackerel, salmon and onions.)
TusCA Ristorante, with golf course views and a modern comfortable setting, combines the best of Tuscany with the best of California. Inspired by the hearty cuisine of Italy's Tuscan region and its emphasis on abundance and seasonality, TusCA presents authentic and sophisticated regional Italian dishes created from the wealth of locally and seasonally sourced California produce, meats and fish. The menu specializes in pasta, pizza and dishes baked in our wood-burning oven prepared fresh daily in our spectacular demonstration kitchen. TusCA is located at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa 1 Old Golf Course Rd. Monterey, CA 93940 831-657-6675.